She's afraid of losing you

You had noticed throughout the day that she was acting funny.

At dinner time she didn't eat, she just pushed the food around on her plate with her fork, every once in a while she'd take a bite but only a few of them until she sighed and just put her plate in the sink.

You sat there confused as to what was going on with her. You've never seen her act like that and you just weren't sure what to do.

She had gone upstairs a few minutes after dinner, she didn't say much, she just walked away. You gave her a couple of hours hoping that when you went up there she'd be in a better mood and back to her cuddly self.

But when nighttime rolled around and you went upstairs she was just sitting at the edge of the bed with her feet on the floor and her chin resting on her hands.

You walked closer to her and sat down in front of her, grabbing her hands in yours and kissed them a few times.

"You okay, baby?"

She nodded her head but pulled her hands away, turning around and sitting quietly.

You sat there silently for a few seconds before you heard it; a few quiet sobs came from her mouth as she began to cry.

You crawled up onto the bed and sat down next to her, resting your head on her shoulder and rubbing her back as she cried.

"Taylor what's wrong?"

"N-Nothing. I'm fine y/n."

You shook your head and kissed her neck delicately before she turned her body towards yours and buried her face into the crook of your neck.

You rubbed her back and whispered comforting words in her ear. Soon enough she calmed down, her eyes looking into yours. They were bloodshot and a couple tears still fell down her cheeks, but she was calmer than before.

You grabbed her hands in yours and rested your forehead on hers, her breath fanning over your lips and her fingers touching yours sending chills down your spine.

"I hate seeing you so upset baby. What's going on? Please tell me."

"I had a dream last night... a really bad one. You told me that you were sick of this lifestyle and me and how I'm never around.. and you just left. It got me thinking of how my lifestyle must impact you and how hard it is on you and honestly, I'm really scared that you might leave. I'm scared I'm gonna lose you, scared that one day you'll realize how amazing you are and that you'll walk away."

She closed her eyes as another tear fell. You quickly wiped it away with your thumb and took her by surprise when you kissed the corner of her mouth.

"Taylor, that'll never happen. I'm never ever going to leave you. You will never lose me, baby. I will never walk away from you or from us. I love you, okay? So much."

She smiled and sniffled, her eyes opening and looking back into yours, once again making you feel weak in the knees.

"I love you more y/n."

"Not possible!"

You both laughed, leaning in and kissing her lips softly.

"How'd I get so damn lucky?" She whispered against your lips making you giggle, pulling away and resting your ear on her chest to listen to her heartbeat.

"I ask myself the same thing every day."