Mornings

Mornings with Taylor were some of your favorite things. On the days where she didn't have to go to the studio you could wake up two different ways.

The first one being that she's still in bed next to you. If she woke up first then she'd wait patiently for you to wake up.

She'd run her hands down your back if you were laying on your stomach, she'd probably kiss your cheek and your nose a few times too.

She'd feel her heart race when your eyes fluttered open, a sleepy smile on your face when you saw her staring back at you.

She'd mumble out a good morning and reach for your hand, asking if you wanted some breakfast and what you'd like to do that day.

Or if you were the first to wake up you'd most likely find Taylor asleep on her side facing you. You'd stroke her cheek and her eyelids would flutter but she'd probably still be sleeping.

You'd wake her up because an off day is a rarity and you wanted to spend every second with her. So to wake her up you'd run your fingers across her sides and she'd smile a little.

Maybe she'd pretend to still be asleep but eventually, she'd giggle and open her eyes, greeting you with a soft kiss to your temple.

— or you'd wake up and she wouldn't be in bed next to you. So you'd panic, of course. Jumping out of bed and rushing downstairs to find Taylor standing over the stove cooking breakfast for the two of you as she hummed a song she's been working on or one you've been listening to together.

You'd sneak up behind her and she'd jump but relax when she recognized you. You'd apologize repeatedly and kiss across the back of her neck making her giggle.

She'd turn around and pick you up by your hips and sit you down on the counter, listening to you talk and make lame jokes that she always laughed at- not because they're funny, but because you'd laugh at them first and she loved the sound of your laugh.

She'd put whatever she made for you on a plate and set it down next to you on the counter before kissing your forehead and doing the same for herself.

After breakfast, she'd take your hand and lead you out on the enclosed porch as you sat on her lap and talked about whatever came to mind.

Nothing could compare to the mornings you shared with her. Absolutely nothing.