She picks you up because you're sick

You've only been at work for two hours now and you were already ready to go home. You woke up this morning feeling achy and nauseous, but you were still determined to go to work despite that.

You didn't tell Taylor you were feeling sick because you knew she'd insist that you stay home, which you were wishing you would've.

As time went on you only felt worse. Your throat was sore, your nose was stuffy, your body ached, and all you wanted to do was sleep.

You checked the time on your phone and grumbled to yourself when you saw it was only 10 am. You've only been at work for a little over three hours now but there was no way you were going to make it through the day.

You sniffled and coughed into your elbow again before grabbing your phone and clicking on Taylor's number, pressing the phone to your ear as it rang a couple of times before you heard Taylor's sweet voice.

"Hey darling? What's up?"

"Tay?"

You spoke, your voice hoarse and scratchy. You swallowed thickly, trying to relieve the soreness in your throat.

"Tay, I'm not feeling well. Can you please come to pick me up?" Your voice cracked and you groaned when the urge to cough came again.

"Oh of course babe. I'll be there in just a few minutes, okay?"

You mumbled out an okay before hanging up and gathering your things. You waved goodbye to a couple of your coworkers before exiting the building.

It was slightly chilly outside but it felt good. You could tell you had a fever from how hot and sweaty you were, your entire body achy and sore.

You sat down on the sidewalk and rested your head on your knees, waiting for Taylor to arrive as you drifted off to sleep for a few minutes.

You woke up to someone lifting you in their arms. You opened your eyes and looked around you, realizing it was Taylor as she sat you down in the passenger seat.

She smiled at you when she saw that you were awake, pressing a soft kiss to your forehead before she stroked your cheek.

"Hey beautiful. You okay?"

You shook your head and reached for the bottle of water that was in the cupholder next to you. The cold water hit your sore throat and it felt so good, relief rushing through you only to be replaced with the feeling of swallowing glass when you put the water back in the cupholder a moment later.

"My poor baby. Let's get you home."

She closed the door before she got back in the car and began to drive home. She looked back at you a couple minutes later, smiling to herself when she saw that you had fallen back asleep.

She didn't have the heart to wake you again, so she picked you up and carried you inside, all the way upstairs to the bedroom.

When your back hit the mattress you opened your eyes, looking at Taylor as she tucked you in under the blankets. You felt like you could barely keep your eyes open, but just as you were about to fall back asleep, another coughing fit took over your body making you sit upright as you tried your hardest to inhale.

Taylor sat down next to you on your side of the bed and rubbed your back, comforting you and telling you that it would be over soon.

You gasped for air when it was over, your eyes tightly squeezed shut and your hand gripping Taylor's.

"You're okay, baby. I'm here, I'll take care of you. I promise."

You nodded your head weakly and laid down on your back, finally able to take a deep breath in.

"I'll be back in just a minute." She kissed your cheek before going downstairs.

You closed your eyes as your head began to pound, your fingers going to rub over your temples. Taylor quietly crept back into the bedroom with a glass of water in her hands and some medicine, along with a box of tissues and a warm blanket.

"Okay, here we go, darling." She covered you up with the extra blanket before setting the box of tissues on your bedside table. She held the glass of water out for you to take a few sips of, handing you the pills while holding the glass steady for you.

Once you swallowed them and took another drink you laid back against the silky sheets, patting her side of the bed, signaling that you wanted her to crawl into bed next to you to hold you safely in her arms.

She smiled at you before crawling in under the blankets and pulling you close to her. She pecked your nose and rubbed your temples, trying to bring you relief and comfort in any way she could.

"Go to sleep, baby. I'll be here to hold you the whole time."

You gave her a small smile before closing your eyes, nuzzling your head against her shoulder as the feeling of her fingertips rubbing your temples began to bring you some relief, finally able to fall back asleep knowing that when you woke back up she'd still be right there with you.