Sunrises

You woke up to someone shaking your shoulder and whispering your name in the darkness of your room.

You were startled when your eyes first opened because you lived alone but once you recognized the voice you calmed down.

"Taylor? What are you doing here? What time is it?"

"I used the key you gave me to let myself in and it's 5:30 in the morning."

"Oh... well, why are you at my house at 5:30 in the morning? Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Oh come on, you know I don't sleep that much. Plus I have a surprise for you!"

"And it couldn't wait five more hours?"

"Nope. Get up sleepy head."

You hesitantly got up, throwing on your shoes as Taylor grabbed your hand and your purse for you, leading you to her car.

When she started driving you started to become curious as to where you were going and what the surprise could be.

"So can I have a hint as to what's going on?"

Taylor shook her head as she reached for your hand, holding it in one of her soft ones while the other was on the steering wheel.

You sighed and looked out your window, still feeling sleepy you let your eyes close and drifting off to sleep.

You weren't sure how long you'd slept for but when you opened your eyes you noticed that the sun was beginning to rise.

"We're here." Taylor smiled as you both climbed out of the car, your heart pounding in your chest at the sight in front of you.

"Whoa

"Whoa..."

"you like it?"

"Like it? Taylor this is.. stunning."

"I know you said you wanted to see the sunrise one morning so I figured why not today?"

You looked at Taylor, your heart full of love and gratitude for the woman in front of you.

"Taylor... I don't even know what to say. Thank you."

She grabbed your hands in hers and leaned over to kiss your cheek, the both of you sitting down on the ground, your head on her shoulder as you watched the sunrise.

At that moment you felt like you couldn't love her more than you did right then and there, grateful that she listened to you, heard you talk about your dreams and aspirations, nothing in the world could compare to how good and loved she made you feel.