Dinner with Ellen and Portia (requested)

You stared at your reflection in the mirror, toying with your dress as your nerves began to heighten again.

Today was the day- Taylor had been invited over to dinner by Ellen and Portia, and of course, she asked you to tag along. You said yes but you were quite nervous. You have never met either of them before and you wanted everything to be perfect.

You felt Taylor wrap her arms around your waist from behind, her head going to rest on your shoulder as you two locked eyes in the mirror.

"You alright honey?"

"Yeah, I'm fine just nervous is all."

"Nervous? Why are you nervous, baby?"

"I don't know really. I just want everything to be perfect and I wanna look good and I've brushed my teeth like 5 times because I'm scared my breath stinks and-"

"breathe babe. Everything is gonna be fine. You look absolutely gorgeous and your breath smells very minty, okay? No more worries babe. Now let's go have dinner."

She grabbed your hand and walked downstairs with you hand in hand, her fingers rubbing over your knuckles soothingly, and before you knew it you two were in the car on your way to one of the most exciting yet intimidating dinners of your life.

The whole way there Taylor asked you if you were okay, glancing over at you just to make sure you were doing okay.

You two finally pulled into the driveway, Taylor opening her door before walking over towards yours to open it for you.

"Thank you."

She smiled and nodded her head, grabbing your hand in hers and walking up to the front door.

When the doorbell rang you could hear footsteps coming to the door before it opened, the smell of the dinner they prepared immediately filled your nostrils and made your mouth water.

"Taylor, y/n, so glad you two made it!" Portia greeted you both with a big hug and rubbed your back before letting you go and leading both you and Taylor to the dining room.

Ellen was setting plates of food on the table, some of your favorite foods were on the dish and you could feel your stomach growl, your mouth watering at the sight and smell.

"Taylor hi! How are you?"

Ellen walked over to you guys and pulled Taylor in for a big hug.

"I'm great! This is my girlfriend y/n!"

Ellen gave you a big smile before pulling you in for a huge hug, one of the biggest you'd ever experienced. She pulled away shortly after, Taylor walking over to you and hugging you from behind.

"She's a little nervous."

"There's no need to be nervous! I've heard only great things about you and I can say you seem even lovelier than Taylor said you were! She also gave me a list of your favorite kinds of foods and appetizers and stuff so I made sure to make some of those."

"That's kind of you, thank you." You smiled and grabbed Taylor's hand, the four of you sitting down at the table together.

"So y/n thank you so much for joining us. When Taylor told us you were coming with her we got super excited about it, we immediately asked her about you and what you did for a living so we could ask you about things that made you happy."

"That's really nice. I was pretty nervous about this but I haven't embarrassed myself or anything yet so that's good, right?"

Ellen and Portia laughed and Taylor giggled, reaching for your hand under the table and intertwining it with hers as she rested them on her lap.

"You know you're all Taylor talks about?" Portia asked you, a blush forming on Taylor's face as she ducked her head as you giggled and squeezed her hand lightly.

"Yeah well she's pretty amazing. Gorgeous, kind, loving, ambitious, I could go on. I'm pretty lucky if I do say so myself."

"I'd agree with that."

Ellen smiled and Taylor nodded her head, squeezing your hand like you did hers moments ago.

"I think I'm the lucky one." She leaned over and kissed your cheek making you giggle.

"You two are so cute together!"

"This dinner is amazing."

"Thank you! Well I think it's time for dessert now."

Ellen and Portia got up to grab it leaving you and Taylor alone for a moment.

"See told you, babe! They love you, not as much as I do, but still. They really love you and you've made a wonderful first impression."

You giggled and shook your head, scooting your chair closer to hers and kissing her soft lips.

"I love you too, Tay. Thank you for asking me to come. This has been a lot of fun."

She pecked your lips before grabbing your still intertwined hands and kissing them sweetly.

You two didn't leave until a few hours later, too entranced in the conversation with Ellen and Portia.

They kept commenting on how cute you were together and even invited you and Taylor over again in a couple of weeks' to have another dinner with them, Ellen giving you hers and Portia's number to stay in touch frequently until you all could get together again.

You walked in a nervous wreck and walked back out feeling more confident than ever.