She sees you cry for the first time

It had been a long and exhausting week and you were so thrilled that it was finally the weekend.

You and Taylor had just recently moved in together but due to both of you being so busy with work you hadn't spent any time together.

You pulled into the driveway and rested your head on the steering wheel, taking a deep breath and grabbing your bag before walking into the house.

You weren't sure what you were expecting to see when you walked in but you weren't expecting all the lights to be off and the house to be quiet.

The kitchen smelled delicious, you could tell that Taylor had cooked something but you weren't sure what exactly.

You sighed and walked upstairs slowly, taking it to step by step. Your body was so sore and tired, your muscles were tense, and you weren't sure what you wanted more- a hot bath or just sleep for a month.

You walked in and saw Taylor sitting on the bed, her guitar was resting on her lap and she had a notepad full of lyrics next to her.

You walked over to her and collapsed on the bed, Taylor looked at you and giggled.

"Hey honey. How was your day?"

"Boring. Tiring. Awful."

You sighed and sat up, turning your attention to your girlfriend.

She smiled and placed her guitar on the floor and set the notebook down on the nightstand before she stuck her arms out, the signal for you to crawl into her lap.

"Oh my baby. You're so tense."

"I hate my job. It's stressful, and I know that's how jobs are, what job isn't stressful? But I don't know. I feel like I just have no energy when I get home because I work so late and we just moved in together and we haven't really spent any time together. I feel awful about it."

You weren't sure why but you began to cry, your vision blurring and your body beginning to shake as you sobbed.

"Y/N, honey. It's okay. I understand that you want to work and make your own money. I know it can be stressful at times, but you seem like you just need a little break. What do you say? Why don't you take the next week off? I'll stay home and write that week, no studio sessions unless they're urgent. We can do whatever you wanna do. How does that sound?"

You nodded your head and kissed Taylor's collarbone a couple of times making her chuckle.

"Good. I hate seeing you so upset. What do you wanna do for now? Watch a movie? Take a bath? Sleep?"

"Maybe sleep for a bit?"

She nodded her head and smiled before placing a soft kiss on your forehead. She pulled the blanket up around the two of you while you rested your head on her shoulder, your eyes closing as you breathed in her scent.

Right before you drifted off into dreamland you heard her whisper in your ear.

"I love you y/n. I'll make sure this week is just the two of us. I'm so excited to spend time with you."

You smiled and whispered "I love you too"

before drifting off into a well-deserved sleep while wrapped in your girlfriend's arms.