She can't sleep

You could feel Taylor tossing and turning on the bed, she whined as she adjusted her pillows for what must've been the eighteenth time that night and mumbled quietly to herself.

You were in and out of sleep and just as you were about to ask if she was alright, she laid back down and pulled the covers up to her chin. You figured she was getting ready to fall asleep so you decided to go back to sleep yourself.

It was only minutes later when you heard the bedroom door close quietly, Taylor's footsteps going down the hallway until you couldn't hear her anymore.

You didn't think much of it and you were exhausted so you decided to go back to sleep. You figured maybe she just went downstairs for a glass of water or something, and as much as you wanted to go after her, you were too tired to do so.

It was only 2 am which meant you'd only been asleep for about 2 hours so far, so you laid your head back against the pillow and fell back asleep.

It was a couple hours later when you woke back up and Taylor was still not next to you. You groaned and got out of bed, your sock-covered feet stepping on your long pajama pants now and then.

When you went downstairs you found Taylor wide awake watching tv with Meredith curled up next to her. She heard the bottom stair creak and looked up at you. You looked exhausted and she felt horrible for disturbing your sleep.

"Honey, go back to bed."

You sat on her lap and buried your face in the crook of her neck. You shook your head and breathed in the scent of her perfume that was still lingering on her soft skin.

"Why are you down here? Why aren't you in bed?"

"I can't sleep. I'll be okay though y/n, go back to bed."

She rubbed your back and ran her fingers through your hair. She couldn't help but smile when she saw your eyes were closed and you were already falling back asleep on her lap.

"Okay let's get you back to bed."

She kissed your head and turned the tv off before standing up with you in her arms.

She laid your still sleeping figure down on the bed and tucked you in. She was about to go back downstairs until she felt your hand grabs hers making her turn around to look at you. Your eyes were only half open and she couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"Get in bed, Tay. Stay with me."

She nodded her head and walked over to her side of the bed, crawling in and curling up to you. You rolled over onto your side and opened your eyes a little more so you could see her.

The moonlight was shining through the bedroom and it gave you just enough light to see her face. Her eyes met yours and you gave her a sleepy smile, your hands going to stroke her hair softly.

You saw her eyes close as you continued to comb your fingers through her hair, she looked like an angel and it made you smile. After all, you were the only one who got to see her like this and you thanked the universe for that and her every single day.

"Sing to me." She whispered, her eyes opening to see your face before she quickly closed them again.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light you and I'll be safe and sound."

You heard small snores coming from her and saw the steady rise and fall of her chest, her eyes closed and her lips slightly parted making you giggle quietly.

You kissed her cheek before you closed your eyes, your heart full of love and adoration for the love of your life who was sleeping next to you.

You felt so lucky to have her. You loved her with all of your heart and soul, and there was no way you'd ever stop loving her.