"Sing to me?"

The room was dark and quiet, the moonlight shining through the curtains just enough to let you see Taylor's sleeping figure.

You were exhausted, so exhausted that you couldn't fall asleep no matter what you did. It's been four hours since you collapsed into bed, ready to sleep as soon as your head hit the pillow, or so you thought.

You were tempted to reach for your phone but you knew it wouldn't help you any. You looked at Taylor and watched her chest rise and fall repeatedly while you laid wide awake next to her.

It felt impossible to fall asleep even though you were comfortable and tired. You looked back at the clock and saw it was now three am making you grumble under your breath.

You rolled onto your side with your back facing Taylor, desperate for even a minute of sleep. You felt like you could cry.

You were beginning to think that you weren't gonna be able to sleep at all tonight making you feel anxious as your mind raced on how you'd handle the day.

"y/n?"

You rolled over when you heard Taylor's sleepy voice. Her eyes were barely open and she looked as tired as you felt.

"Can't sleep?"

You shook your head and groaned. Taylor reached for your hand and held it in hers.

It was a simple thing but it was one that brought you great comfort.

"I'm sorry, darling. Is there anything I can do to help you?"

You moved closer to her and rested your head on her shoulder, thinking for a few seconds before an idea came to your mind.

"Can you sing to me?"

Taylor smiled a little before she kissed your hand, still holding it in hers as you closed your eyes, hoping that this would help you.

It took her a few seconds to think of a song that always made you feel calmer and once she did, she made sure you were comfortable enough before she started singing softly in your ear.

"Can you feel this magic in the air? It must've been the way you kissed me. Fell in love when I saw you standing there. It must've been the way today was a fairytale."

She continued to sing the song quietly in your ear until she heard you snoring, a smile on her face that her voice and embrace were enough comforts for you to help you sleep. Taylor kisses your cheek before falling back asleep herself, happy that you'd finally fallen asleep.