Emetophobia - fear of vomiting

No one liked to throw up, it was simply a fact. But you had a major fear of it and anytime you got sick you always feared it would happen, not to mention you were always afraid that other people around you would get sick as well.

It was a fear that's stuck with you since you were young and has only intensified since you've gotten older.

Last night you began to come down with what you were pretty sure was the flu.

It simply started as a small fever and a stomach ache, but now it's three in the morning and you're hunched over the toilet dry heaving and fighting the bile that was seemingly creeping up your throat more and more.

Taylor was right behind you comforting you as you continued to dry heave. She's aware of how debilitating your fear is and she understood it completely, but seeing you like this was breaking her heart.

She combed her fingers through your sweaty hair, your fever higher than it was when you went to sleep just a few hours ago.

"Honey, you need to just let it happen."

You shook your head, your cheek resting on the toilet seat. You didn't care that it was unsanitary, you felt so sick that you no longer cared.

"I can't, Tay. I just can't."

She sighed sadly, pressing a soft kiss to your head as she rubbed her hands up and down your arms.

"I know you're scared baby, but I'm here with you. You need to get it all out of your system. You're gonna feel so much better afterwards. Come on babe, I'm here with you. You're safe. I promise."

You felt the bile hit your throat again and this time you didn't fight it, hoping that you really would feel better afterward.

Your body was trembling and you felt disgusting, but Taylor stayed with you the entire time and whispered encouraging words in your ear.

Once you finished you collapsed on her lap, feeling gross and exhausted.

Taylor kissed your sweaty forehead, feeling that your fever had gone up a bit more. She stood up slowly and carefully picked you up in her arms, flushing the toilet and carrying you to bed.

As soon as your head hit the pillow your eyes closed, you felt so miserable. Taylor sat down next to you and ran her fingers through your hair, lightly scratching your scalp and it made you feel relaxed.

She kissed your cheek, getting up to get you a bucket and a glass of cold water before crawling into bed next to you.

"Goodnight, honey. Wake me up if you need me. I'll be right here."

Even though you were as sick as a dog and almost asleep, you still smiled a little.

Even though your deepest and darkest fears and anxieties, Taylor would always be there to hold you and keep you safe.

You knew you weren't totally out of the woods with this flu and certainly not with your fear, but you knew Taylor would be there with you the whole time and that was enough to make you feel a little better.