Appendicitis

Taylor watched helplessly as you moaned out in pain once more, her heart aching with every gasp and whimper that left your lips.

You woke up this morning in so much pain you couldn't even move, sweat all over your body as you gripped the sheets in your hands. The pain was only getting more intense and Taylor was terrified, worried that something was really really wrong with you.

She laid on the bed next to you and ran her fingers through your hair, feeling how damp it was in between her fingers.

"y/n, please let me take you to the hospital. This is only getting worse darling, let me help you feel better. I hate seeing you in so much pain."

You took a deep breath and groaned. You know Taylor's right and you do need help, but you were scared.

"No." You whimpered and Taylor sighed, sitting up on the bed and rubbing your shoulders.

"Y/N I wouldn't push you into going, you know that. But I think something is wrong and I don't wanna take any chances on it getting worse."

You opened your mouth to say something when you suddenly felt sick, rolling over onto the edge of the bed and letting it out.

"Shit. Okay, it's okay. Let's take you to the emergency room."

She grabbed a washcloth from the bathroom to wipe your mouth before she placed her hands under your thighs to carry you out to the car, aware that you were too weak and in too much pain to walk.

The drive to the hospital was agonizing. Taylor kept one hand on the wheel and the other in yours, feeling how tightly you squeezed it due to being in so much pain.

She heard all the whimpers and groans and each one felt like a stab to the heart. She kept trying to comfort you with words of comfort but she knew it wasn't doing much to help you, she just wanted you to remember that she was there with you.

When you finally arrived she was quick to park the car and pick you up, rushing through the doors and yelling out for help.

"Someone, please help. My girlfriend needs help."

Before she knew it nurses and a hospital bed were being rushed over your way.

She laid you down on it gently, explaining to the nurses what was going on while she kept holding your hand.

You tried to roll around on the bed to find a position that would ease the pain but nothing helped. You were wheeled back into a room and Taylor was still holding your hand, standing next to you and leaning down to whisper in your ear.

"It's gonna be okay baby."

You shook your head and squeezed her hand for dear life. A doctor walked in and took one look at you before he walked over and started asking questions.

"On a scale of one to ten, ten being the worst pain you've ever felt in your life, what is your pain at?" "Ten."

You whimpered, your anxiety bubbling up as the pain escalated.

"Y/N you have appendicitis. We're gonna have to take you into surgery."

You looked at Taylor, noticing that she'd gone pale with the doctor's words. Your heart started to race to make the heart monitor beep loudly.

Taylor squeezed your hand reassuringly, kissing your forehead.

"I know it sounds scary y/n, but I promise you that you're in good hands. We're gonna get you back there. Should only take a couple hours and then you'll be right back here with your girlfriend. You'll have to take some antibiotics for a while afterwards but other than that, you'll be fine. You'll be out of pain and that's the most important thing."

You nodded and looked at Taylor. You saw a tear fall from her eye and you wiped it away, Taylor smiling at you as her own anxiety started to appear.

"I love you so much. I'll be right next to you when you wake up." She kissed your temple as they began to wheel you away making you let go of her hand.

Once you disappeared around the corner she sobbed. She tried so hard to keep her composure and stay strong for you but she was scared.

A nurse led her out to the waiting room promising her that when you came out of surgery she'd be notified right away.

She sat down in a chair and buried her face in her hands. She just wanted you to be okay. That was all she wanted. She ended up crying herself to sleep, jumping when the same nurse that had led her over to the chair hours before had woken her up.

"Your girlfriend is out of surgery. Should be waking up any moment now."

Taylor let out a sigh of relief and followed the nurse back to the room, smiling when she saw you asleep on the hospital bed.

She grabbed one of the chairs and moved it next to you, as close as she could, before sitting down in it and grabbing your hand. She kissed it a couple of times and looked at you, noticing how peaceful you looked made her cry once again.

She thanked whatever force was above her before caressing your cheek, smiling when you opened your eyes.

"Hey, beautiful. How are you feeling?"

You stretched your legs and looked at her with tired eyes.

"So much better, Tay."

Taylor smiled through her tears, so grateful that you were no longer in pain.

"I'm so happy to hear you say that baby. I was so worried about you."

You grabbed her hand that was caressing your cheek and held it in yours, smiling at her and giggling softly.

"I love you with my whole heart. Get some rest beautiful. I'm right here, I'll still be right here when you wake up."

She kissed your cheek and you smiled at her once more before closing your eyes, exhaustion taking over your body.

You weren't afraid to fall asleep, you knew Taylor would still be right there next to you when you woke up.