Annoucing your engagement (requested)

It had been two days since Taylor proposed to you. It all felt so surreal and you felt like you were still on cloud nine. You haven't really told anyone yet except for your families and close friends, the ones you trusted would keep this private for as long as you two wanted it to be.

You laid in bed, resting on top of Taylor as she held you in her arms, your face buried in the crook of her neck where you'd kiss her from time to time.

"I've been thinking..."

"so that's what that sound is?"

You smacked her arm lightly, both of you laughing. You rested your forehead on hers, looking into her gorgeous blue eyes.

"I think I'm ready to announce our engagement. Whenever you are."

You smiled and kissed her lips lightly, pulling away and kissing her forehead softly.

"Can we wait till tomorrow? I wanna have you to myself for one more day. Just keep this between us for one more day."

You nodded your head and buried your face back in her neck. "Whenever you're ready, darling. No need to rush. I'm not in any hurry."

Your words were muffled by her skin, but you knew she understood it. You felt her nod her head, a soft kiss was placed on her head as her hand rubbed soft shapes onto your skin.

This was bliss.

Heaven.

You weren't in any hurry to tell anyone else, whenever she was ready then so were you. If it took another day or month or year, you didn't care. You weren't in any hurry.

It's been a week since your engagement now and Taylor has an interview today, you two decided that that is how you were going to announce it.

You sat backstage and watched Taylor do the interview, a big smile on your face as she talked about how passionate and excited she was about this upcoming album and how it impacted her life.

"So Taylor, I hear that you have a big announcement. Would you like to share it with us?" The interviewer asked and Taylor nodded her head, looking at the audience before clearing her throat and giggling excitedly.

"I'm engaged."

The audience went crazy with excitement, cheering loudly as Taylor just giggled. "I proposed last week to the love of my life, y/n. She's amazing and yeah, I'm happier than ever. I feel very lucky!"

The audience cheered again and Taylor looked backstage, smiling when she saw you.

"That's amazing news! Y/N must've been very surprised when you proposed!"

"She was. Yeah, she was shocked. She didn't see it coming and it was a moment I'll never ever forget."

"Well I'm happy for the both of you. I can't wait to see all the wedding photos and to see what the future holds for you."

Taylor giggled and thanked the interviewer before the interview ended, walking backstage and picking you up in her arms, spinning you around as you both laughed.

"I'm so happy!"

"Me too baby!" She kissed you passionately before grabbing her bag and heading out to head home, feeling like she was never gonna be able to stop smiling.

She was so happy and she was even happier that the world finally knew, so she could show you off and refer to you as her fiancée in public.

She was truly happier than ever, all because of you.