"I wish you could see yourself through my eyes"

Going to an award show with Taylor sounded like fun when she asked you a few days ago, but as you stood in your dress looking into the mirror you felt otherwise.

You've always had pretty thick skin which is a great thing when you're in such a public relationship but you felt different tonight.

The dress was brand new and when you tried it on a couple of days ago you felt like a princess but tonight it just felt wrong.

You toyed with the hem as your head hung low. A tear fell from your eyes and you felt like just telling Taylor to go without you, but your thoughts were interrupted when you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist making you jump but relax when you smelled your girlfriends sweet perfume.

"I swear every day you get more and more beautiful."

She kisses your exposed shoulder and you felt her smile against the skin, something that would normally make you smile and giggle but it only made you tear up once again.

Taylor noticed immediately and she turned you around in her arms, her hands going to rub both of your arms softly.

"Y/N what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"You're obviously not fine babe, you're crying. What's going on?"

You sobbed and buried your face in her shoulder as both of arms wrapped around your lower back. She could feel the tears on dress and her focus was no longer on the award show or how much time you had before you had to head out, but rather the sobs that were escaping from your lips that were making your body shake as your breathing became erratic.

"Shh honey calm down. Tell me what's wrong baby, it's alright, it's just me honey."

She kissed the top of your head as you began to talk through your sobs.

"I just hate m-myself. I don't like this dress."

"What? Why babe? You loved it a couple days ago when we bought it."

"It makes me look gross."

You continued to sob in her shoulder and she felt terrible. She wanted to help you. She wanted for you to see how truly beautiful you looked but she didn't wanna push you.

"Y/N if you don't wanna go tonight we absolutely don't have to. We can just stay home and watch tv or your favorite movie and order some pizza-"

"No! I wanna go Tay, really, I do. I just don't feel pretty."

She sighed and grabbed your chin in her hands so you could look her in the eyes.

"Are you kidding me y/n? You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. You have the most beautiful eyes and your freckles are so beautiful. I love that little birthmark you have and how your nose crinkles when you're genuinely happy. I love how you smile and it lights up the room. I love your nose- it's so cute, and your lips, oh baby, your lips are perfect. Your body is perfect, you know why? Because it's a part of you and I think that's perfect. I don't care about your dress size or if you have a thigh gap, I care about how you treat others with such kindness and how you're always so selfless. I love the fact that your heart is ten times too big for your body because you just love love and you want everyone to feel loved and appreciated. I love how you text me when I'm on tour just to make sure I'm okay. I love how you love others so much that you would go to the end of the earth to do whatever it took to make them happy. I love you because you're you. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes because you are gorgeous baby, absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't change anything about you even if I could, I just love everything about you."

She kissed you softly and wiped the tears away from your eyes before pulling away and kissing your wrists.

"Thank you Taylor. That's exactly what I needed to hear. I love you."

"I love you too. So much. Now c'mon beautiful, I think we have an awards show to get to. I wanna show my girl off to everyone tonight."

She placed a couple kisses on your cheek before you two walked hand in hand, ready for your first award show with your incredible girlfriend who made you feel beautiful as she always did.