Waking her up after a nightmare

You shot up in bed gasping for air as the nightmare replayed in your mind. It was horrible, every single second of it was awful. You felt like you couldn't breathe and you just needed for Taylor to hold you.

You looked over and saw her sleeping on her side next to you. You tapped her arm and she stirred in her sleep, only waking up fully when you shook her shoulder and whispered her name.

"Tay?" You sniffled and she sat up, pulling you in her arms tightly around you.

"Another bad dream, lovely?"

You nodded and whimpered as you flash-backed to the nightmare.

"Shh it's okay. I've got you now. It's alright, darling."  

Your body shook with every sob that left your lips. You felt safe in Taylor's arms but you feared your nightmare would come true somehow.

Taylor rubbed your back and held you close, trying to bring you as much comfort as you needed.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She whispered and you shook your head, not wanting to say the words out loud.

"Just keep holding me." You whimpered, clinging on to Taylor's shirt.

"Of course, I will. I'll hold you for as long as you want me to."

Taylor knows how horrible your nightmares are and unfortunately you got them a lot. So it was a common occurrence for you to wake her up in the middle of the night for her to hold you.

Sometimes you'd fall back asleep, other times you wouldn't. But she'd be right there with you, either way, asking you if you need anything at all.

She was always there when you needed her the most.