Night before she leaves for tour

A/N: something big happens at the end of this chapter 🙈 I'll be writing a different chapter about that, I'm sure, but for now I thought this would be cute. Enjoy ❤️

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

It was never easy on either of you when she left for tour and the night before she would leave was always full of intimacy and tears, both of you holding onto each other for dear life and neither of you getting a wink of sleep.

You've been through this once before but normally you've gotten to visit her within the first month or two of her leaving, but this time around you wouldn't be able to visit her for five months.

The news was devastating when you heard that you wouldn't be able to see her for five months. You were never great when it came to long distance, your family and friends being proof of that. You would get homesick a lot even though you absolutely loved living with Taylor, it never gets easier being away from those you love.

You laid in bed wrapped in Taylor's arms, her fingers resting over yours as you both laid in a comfortable silence.

You were soaking up the time you had together, neither of you leaving the comfortable bed that you both loved so much.

It felt surreal. Time had flown by. You've known about her leaving for tour for six months, but it's like the past week has flown by, and today especially.

You knew it was just a matter of time until the tears would fall but right now you weren't feeling emotional, you felt safe and comfortable, a feeling only Taylor could give you.

She makes you feel safer than you've ever felt in your life. Safe from fears and worries, only the love you've built and have for each other was what she made you feel.

She pulled you closer to her, your head resting on her stomach as her fingers ran through your hair. You let your eyes flutter shut, more tired than you've felt in a long time but there was no way you were falling asleep until you had to say goodbye tomorrow.

Every moment you had with her was a moment you didn't want to miss.

You felt her lips press onto your head making you snap out of your thoughts, soaking in the feeling of love and comfort that came along with each kiss she gave you, every kiss you shared.

"You okay?"

Her voice was soft and quiet, coming out as more of a whisper than anything else.

You nodded your head, rubbing your thumb over hers, the feeling of her skin against yours never failing to send chills down your spine.

"Yeah. I'm alright, Tay. Are you okay?"

You had to ask the question back to her. Hell, it couldn't be hard on just you. As much as she loved her job, saying goodbye to the ones she loved and especially you, was never easy.

"I'm okay babe. I wish I could pack you up in my suitcase and bring you with me. I hate saying goodbye to you, leaving you here. I worry about you baby."

"I'll be okay, so will you. We'll be okay."

It was always something that she worried about, the distance and the stress that came along with being so far apart.

She feared that you would find better because in her eyes that's what you deserve. You'd reassure her countless times that it was her and only her that you loved and wanted to love for the rest of her life, not worried about distance or stress or other people, because you guys were stronger than that and your love for one another could never be broken.

"I know. I wish I could come but I have a job to do too baby, and besides you don't want your girlfriend traveling around with you everywhere. You deserve to have some fun of your own."

She moved so you were resting your head on her chest, your eyes meeting hers as she stroked your cheek softly.

"I could never get tired of you if that's what you think. I know you've got a job to do, it's just that I love you so much and I hate that I have to go hundreds of thousands of miles away from you. You're the best thing in my life. Please don't ever forget that, darling."

You nodded your head, giving her a kiss on the lips before pulling away and resting your ear over her heart.

Just because you didn't want time to move forward never means that it won't and before you knew it, it was one in the morning, two hours before Taylor had to leave for the airport.

Her suitcases and bags were packed by the door, neither of you wanting to say goodbye or let go of each other.

"I love you. More than anything else in the world. I've never imagined I could love someone this much, not like this. But I do, god I love you so so so much, baby."

You looked at her, her blue eyes hypnotizing you and making you melt inside. Her words made your heart race, but what she said afterwards made it feel like it was gonna explode right out of your chest.

"When I get home I'm gonna marry you." You sat up quickly, looking at her with wide eyes and the biggest smile on your face.

"Really? You're serious Tay?" She nodded her head, pulling you on top of her so she could rest her forehead on yours.

"Yeah. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I promise you that when I get back, I'm gonna marry you. I'm gonna get you the most stunning wedding dress and the most gorgeous ring you've ever seen. Whatever you want, darling. I'll get it for you. I promise."

You squealed happily, kissing her lips before pulling away, your heart pounding in your chest as you thought about marrying her.

The time came for her to leave and though it was hard, it was easier knowing that when she got home you two would get married. Seven months until the tour would be done and five until you'd be wrapped up in her arms again, talking about your future together.

You kissed her goodbye, the kiss full of passion and love, not worry or sadness.

You knew it wouldn't be long until more discussions about the future happened and you couldn't wait.

You were gonna get married to the love of your life and you were ready for every second of it.