Chapter 397 - "New and Improved Kissing..."

Clara's PoV

'Is he going to be alright?' I pouted as I sat in the waiting room at the hospital and looked at the ever so familiar doctor in front of me.

'He'll be fine. Terrible time of year to get the flu - but he has to make sure that he keeps that temperature of his under control - otherwise he will be in the danger zone' she sighed.

'I did. I always keep him and his illness under control'

'I don't mean to sound like I'm prying - but do you actually see him take the pills or does he not bother taking them?'

'I--' oh how embarrassing.

'From now on - try and keep and eye on him yeah?'

'Can I see him?'

'Of course. They're just stitching up his lip which he bit through quite hard in that fit I have to say' she smirked.

'It's not funny - at least I'm the only person who is allowed to find it funny' I joked, pushing open the door and slipping into the room, where he was laying flat on the bed and looking at the ceiling.

He held a small white board in his hand and started writing on it and then held it up for me to read.

"I can smell your perfume. I know it's you Clara"

I just smirked and towered over him. I wondered why he wasn't saying much but when I looked at his bottom lip I realised he couldn't.

His bottom lip was very swollen, and covered in dried blood but the nurses had tried to clean him up the best that they could.

It was the worst fit he has had I would say in very long time. It wasn't really very fair.

'So. You've found a way to not have to kiss me haven't you? I knew I was bad but I'm not that bad'

"LoL"

'Never say LoL again' I smirked even through she hadn't said it. I watched as he sat up on the bed and made me still connect my mouth with his - but it was al crusty and horrible and still all I could taste was blood. 'Blugh. That was disgusting' I smirked. 'New and improved kissing. Just how I like it'

- - -

'So is this it? Can you not talk all Christmas now? Because that is my Christmas present right there' I said excitedly, as she sniffed and rolled his eyes.

I was surprised they didn't want to keep him in for the night - which would have sucked because it would have been Christmas Day - but you've got to do what you've got to do.

'No. It just hurts' he said trying not to move his mouth too much.

'God. I need to get to Autumn. I can't believe I had to leave her with the skank'

'To be fair - she was wiling to take her. The last thing you would have wanted was to bring Autumn to the hospital' john pointed out and then she up because I could tell his mouth was hurting.

As he had, had the fit it had caught him at a bad time and he had bitten his lip at the time - which is what as he had no control over his body or actions - he bit through his bottom lip quite badly.

'Your back?' Dad said as we walked through the door and he eyed me up and then John's face to see that we weren't lying about what had happened.

'Hi Clara. How are you? How was your skiing trip? How is your boyfriend who just had a seizure and bit half of his lip off?' I said rolling my eyes in a mocking way.

'Don't get sassy with me' he scoffed, heading to the kitchen, where I took the shopping bag from John and instructed him to go and sit.

We were supposed to be having takeaway for dinner seeing as that's like a Christmas Eve tradition with a Christmas film - but John was just feeling shit - so I went to make him the soup we had just bought because he could drink that out of a straw.

'How's Autumn? Where's Georgie?'

'She had to leave when I got home. I think she was a little shaken up - she admired you for being so calm and collected' he said, handing me the bottle and yoghurt for Autumn.

'Why?'

'Even I've never seen someone have a seizure right in front of me - let alone help them and calm them. It's just brave' he shrugged.

I did all I needed to do and went to hand John the soup, but he was asleep on the sofa with Autumn fast asleep in his arms.

- - -

I had covered him with a blanket, and worked around him after dimming the lights.

My Dad went to bed at about 10, and after Autumn's 11 o clock feed I put her down, and filled her stocking to the top.

Seems a bit silly - but I wanted to make this Christmas great even though she's only three and a half months old - I'm still filling a stocking.,

I filled up my little stocking that I made for John then decided to poke him in the cheek to make him move.

I felt a bit annoyed that I couldn't move him myself like he would have done me - but he weighs a tonne.

'Oi. Santa's been'

'Your destroying the fun of Christmas' he scoffed waving me off.

'Well... Santa must be on busway back because my stocking is still empty' I pouted.

'Agh shit. Yours are still in the car' be mumbled, hoofing himself up off the sofa and searching for his car keys.

I stood in the doorway, as he crunched through the icy grass to the car and stood as he fiddled around in the boot - but then he reappeared with a fricken sack of presents.

'Wow. Santa has been busy. He must have thought I've been really good this year'

'They're for Autumn' he scoffed, making me pout.