Chapter 346 - "Sneaking Around..."

Figured since I'm up at a ridiculously early time anyway... I thought I'd leave you with a cute chapter.

I'll update if and when I get wifi as it's written but that could be at least 5 if not 7 days away :)

- - -

Chapter 346 - "Sneaking Around..."

Clara's PoV

'See you later' I said as I handed Autumn over to Lilly who had agreed to look after Autumn while I went to my lecture but little did I know that I wasn't quite going to make it too my lecture.

I stood outside the canteen for a while, as I sipped my coffee until I saw a shadow walk towards me.

'What the Fuck?' I scoffed, staying exactly where I was and waited for him to come to me. 'What the hell are you doing here?' I panicked, looking around for the inevitable moment that Richard turns up. 

'Relax. Richard isn't on campus today. Do you not know his timetable at all? He's at work. And he's had to drive all the way to Devon to do a delivery so he's staying away over night - meaning - we're in the clear' he chuckled.

'Oh yeah. I think he mentioned that' I mumbled, about to walk past him but he grabbed my wrist. 'What?'

'I'm doing something impromptu here Clara. I was never really very romantic before - towards the end anyway, and so I figured I'd give it a go - you know if we're going for this'

'Romance is not your thing'

'So come on. It's one lecture. You won't miss much' he said rolling his eyes.

I thought about it and wasn't too sure, but nodded throwing my empty coffee cup in the bin and followed him off campus. 'I don't know why I'm doing this. This is insane. I haven't missed a lecture since the beginning of the semester. In fact I was pregnant last year and didn't even miss a lecture'

'I'm bringing out your wild side' he grinned, as we got in the car.

'Where exactly are we going?'

'Blackpool' he grinned, as I raised my eyebrow to object but he silenced my by placing a finger on my lip. 'No objections. It's already arranged'

- - -

'Seriously John? Blackpool is a two and a half hour drive from here. How are we going to pull this one off?'

'Calm it Clara. Stop overthinking it. Lilly's going to cover it. She promised she'd tell him that you had to take an emergency trip to Blackpool... And that I'm spending the night at unit. I got the keys out of your room to your old house. We're good for one night' he said.

'Wow you've thought this through' I scoffed.

'I even packed you an overnight bag when Richard left for work this morning. So we're good'

'But why?'

'Because I want to spend the night with you. I want to show you all the things that we could be doing if you'll just agree to take me back. And if you decline... I won't stop until you agree'

'Look. I've been talking to Lilly and what she said was right. We can't rush into this publicly John. I have to break up with Richard and then we have to wait a few months before we get together. Otherwise he's going to be so hurt'

'Hey. I agree that we need to wait some time. He's my best friend and I don't think he'll want to exit your life. He loves Autumn too much. But we can sort all that out later. For now... It's all about boundaries and testing the limits' he chuckled, pressing play on the stereo and started belting the lyrics to some interesting choice of music.

- - -

'What's wrong? I know I've stollen you for the day but you did consent' he said trying to cover his own back, when we walked along the beach in the dusk light.

'If I had know. we were coming to Blackpool I would have bought Autumn with me. She is Northern. She should experience the disgrace that is the Blackpool promenade now'

'And she will. Do you ever miss Blackpool? Do you ever regret coming to London?'

'No way. If I hadn't come to London when I did - I never would have met you and I wouldn't have had the life that I have. Yeah some things have happened that I would have rather avoided but I don't regret any of it'

'I regret loads of things'

'Like?'

'Breaking up with you for a start. I can't believe I ever did. I never should have let you go'

'In all fairness... You cheated on me. And that fact is never going to change John. They'll always be a bit of me that remembers that' I pointed out.

'I've changed Clara and for the better. Lola was just a faze. I promise I'm all into us'

'I still don't know if I am. I don't know how to break up with him' I muttered. 'I feel so bad. He's done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve my shit'

'Maybe you need to be caught'

'Huh?'

'Maybe you need to be caught because if you were then he would break up with you for sure' he pointed out.

'Are you not afraid of breaking up with Lola?' I asked as I went to climb the wall to the path, when I felt large hands lift me up, and give me a boost.

'Nope' he said as he took a deep intake of breath and smiled.

'Are you okay? You don't look at all well' I said cupping his cheek.

'I'm fine. A little pain won't hurt anyone' he chuckled. 'Anyway. I already know what the problem is and I just have to wait for it to pass' he scoffed climbing up as well.

'Huh?'

'Mini fits I believe. Keep blazing out which means there's a bigger one on the way, but there's no point worrying about it, they happen when they happen . Not good. Burns like hell... But they will pass. Now Miss Oswald. Will you do the honour of accompanying me to dinner this evening?' Be grinned excitedly.

'I guess seeing as I'm here I don't have too much choice' I snickered, following him back towards the car.