Chapter 399 - "The Scott and The Nurse..."

Clara's PoV

'Are you coming to Richards or not?'

'I wasn't going too. I don't want to get under his feet' John mumbled. 'Can't you just leave her here with me? We'll have a whale of a time. She won't even know it's the new year?' He begged.

'No. I'm not missing out on the first New Year with my daughter. That would make me a terrible mother'

'I'll just stay here then?' He mumbled.

'It's not like he hasn't got room in his house. He says that Lilly, Doug, Crystal and Adrien are all coming, plus someone else of whom I'm not sure, but it will be fun'

- - -

'I don't know why I'm doing this. He'll just complain' John muttered as I knocked on the front door anyway and smirked at Richard.

'Happy New Year Ladies. Come on in' Richard said in a very happy mood.

'What's got your knickers in a twist? Your very happy?'

'I am indeed. I've got Autumn's boyfriend to stay at the moment' he said stealing the car seat off me instantly and took her through to the lounge.

'She's three months old? Boyfriend? When the hell did that happen?' John asked blinking. 'Did I go to bed and wake up in 2030?'

'Your hilarious John. He's talking about his nephew' I said rolling my eyes.

'Oh. Why've you got Louise's kid?'

'Because she and her husband have gone to London for the new year and I've had him since like the 28th of December. I told you I wouldn't be alone over the holidays. It's been fun' he grinned actually looking somewhat happy about it.

'Well I've bought the travel cot - so Autumn can sleep in that I guess and he can sleep in the cot upstairs... What is his name by the way? I can't really remember. You've never really cleared that up'

'James. His name is James. And I guess it never really had been cleared up' he shrugged. 'Anyway. I'll go get him from upstairs. Lilly's up there too. Go through to the lounge. I'll go and order the pizza and we'll choose films to see the new year in too' he said and I was confused at why and how he was so happy.

But maybe it was the excitement of the new year? Or maybe it was having looked after his nephew for a couple of days - maybe what he needs is a child?

I looked at John as Richard bounded up the stairs and he gave me the same confused look - but either way we wandered through to the lounge and I saw someone I was not expecting.

'Amy? What the hell? No one told me that you were coming to this?' I said shocked to my very core, staring at the Ginger Scott sitting in Richards living room.

'And no one told me that you were still alive. Have you forgotten what your phone is?' She scoffed, pretending to be annoyed.

'No. I've had a lot to deal with' I mumbled.

'So I heard. Give me all the details then. Come on' she chuckled, pulling me into a huge hug making me scoff.

- - -

'Come onnnn. Where's the baby?' Amy begged.

'Her names Autumn. And John just took her upstairs to change her. She'll have a very cute New year outfit on when she comes down and I've no doubt that James will as well. Now where's the nurse?' I smirked but everyone around me stiffened with awkwardness. 'What? Am I missing something?'

'Rory went away to New Zealand months ago' Amy mumbled.

'What? Why?'

'He's training in nursing there. God knows why, but he decided that, that was what he wanted to do' she sighed.

'So you two are no more?' I asked horrified that I didn't know.

'It's been months Clara. Are you really so out of the loop that you didn't know we'd broken up?'

'Like I said... I've had a lot go on' I mumbled.

'I've heard. Richards been keeping me in the loop - then again so has Lilly. The only person who hasn't told me their side of the story is you'

'Side of what story? I had a baby'

'The whole Richard - John debate'

'Pft. How long have you got? Cause you'll need a Fucking month if you want to hear that story' Lilly scoffed, on her way in but had Autumn in her arms, so I laid out a blanket onto the carpet carefully and put her gently on top so that she could have a wriggle around.

'She's so cute' Amy laughed, tickling her little tummy as she giggled but kept her eyes on me, which was only to be expected since she hadn't seen Amy before.

'I know. Too cute for her own good. She could get away with murder - which isn't a good thing considering the fact that her father was a convicted criminal'

'Speaking of which... You heard from him since his release?'

'No. He signed over the rights of Autumn just after she was born now - she's mine and there's nothing he can now do until she is 18'

'So how old is your nephew then Richard?'

'Just over 6 months, he was born in June, and it's December - so yeah. Six months. There's about two and a bit months between them really seeing as Autumn is 4 months old tomorrow'

'Wow. I didn't even think of that. 4 months old is so old' I whined.

'Can I have a hold?'

'Go for it. She'll want feeding in a minute anyway. I'll go and grab her food' I said jumping up form the floor and bumping into Crystal and Adrien in the kitchen. 'What are you two whispering about in here?'

'Crystals date next week' Adrien blurted out.

'Date?'

'Yeah. Sorry' Adrien said to her but winked at me. 'Okay I'm not as sorry as I should be' he smirked.

'Date? You found a lucky girl then?'

'I guess so'

'You'll have to text me all about it, either that or face time me. I want to know everything - every single detail' I grinned taking the lumpy rice, yoghurt and warm milk into the lounge and handed it to John, while I bibbed her up and sat her in her feeding chair that props her upright when I feed her.