Chapter 381 - "Step Mum...?"

Chapter 381- "Step Mum...?"

Clara's PoV

'Maybe I was a little hasty' I said as I fumbled with my nails in the doorway of the house as my Dad stared at me with a blank expression.

'Did you bring Autumn?'

'Umm. No. Sorry. John's looking after her. We figured it was for the best' I smiled awkwardly.

'Come in' he nodded, not that I was waiting for an invite because I was coming in anyway. 'We need to talk about your Step-Mu--'

'Don't you even dare. She is no Mother of mine! Step or not' I scoffed looking at him.

'I didn't mean it like that. Just that she lives here now and is really nice. I think you should really get to know her'

'Why? I don't need to. I'll just get to know her over time' I muttered. 'Speak of the devil' I grumbled.

'Hi Clara. I'm so sorry about yesterday. I really didn't mean for you to feel abandoned or left out' she said sincerely.

She annoyed me and I don't know why. There was nothing actually wrong with her - she was a more than pleasant enough person - just annoyingly out if my Dads league.

'Your so much older than I thought. When he said he had a Daughter I thought you'd be a lot younger'

'I'm 20. But then I suppose you are a Step Nan now... Nan from another clan' I said with a wicked grin. 'Sorry did you not tell your new wife your a Grandad?'

'You have a grandchild? How old?'

'3 months. I just didn't see the point in telling you. I thought it was enough that you were having to deal with my Daughter' he muttered leaving the room to explain himself.

- - -

'How's it going?' John chuckled as he climbed in the bedroom window. It was like we had gone back to old times.

'Do you never get flashbacks of the old days when you used to climb through my window so my Dad wouldn't see you?' I grinned, looking up from my phone and laughed.

'All the time actually' he smirked. 'How's it going?'

'I dunno. They went out'

'And left you here?'

'They only went food shopping John. He did invite me but then I elicited him with an icy stare and he backed away' I shrugged. 'Where's Autumn?'

'Richards watching her. Figured it was best. I wasn't sure if you wanted her to meet Autumn or not yet?'

'No. Not really. For some god forsaken reason my Dad has decided that he's cooking dinner tonight now. I've got no way of escape. He wants me to sit and chat to her. Like I want to sit and chat to this woman? She's practically my age' I scoffed, sifting through my wardrobe to find a clean top.

I realised in this moment just how much of my stuff was in my flat now. I don't even have many clothes with me. Either that or all the stuff that is here is in the wash.

'Will you stay? Will you stay and have dinner with us? It'll make things so much easier if I don't feel like I'm being stared at the whole time?'

'Only if it's okay with your Dad' John said rolling his eyes.

'Well it will have to be - because otherwise I won't be having the dinner with them' I snapped at him.

- - -

I didn't hide the fact that John was here, and it surprised Georgie to say the least when I heard them come in.

I was sat leaning on John in the lounge on my phone as John was flicking through the TV.

'Oh John, how lovely to see you again' my Dad said rolling his eyes. He has no reason to be rolling his eyes. His the one that is walking around with a 30 year old slut.

'He's staying for dinner Dad. No John. No me' I mumbled as they both disappeared into the kitchen and left us in the lounge.

It wasn't long later that he called me Ito the kitchen and I noticed that he had made spaghetti which was my absolute favourite and to butter me up - he had even used Mums sauce recipe.

It wasn't really a good idea for him to have used that - mainly because it made me want to cry - but I ignored it and sat down anyway, poking my fork into the mince.

I literally felt like a school child being watched by her parents to make sure she eats all her dinner.

'So... Ask me anything Clara. I'll be more than happy to answer your questions' she smiled, making me want to choke myself, but I felt John's left hand securely on my leg which did make my anger subside by quite some.

'I dunno' I mumbled.

She looked at my Dad for some help, who decided to perk up in answer. 'Well she works for my company. She worked at the San Francisco hub. She now works at the Manchester hub and does a lot of work from London' he said like I cared.

'Why wasn't I invited to the wedding?' I scoffed. I don't even know why that was my biggest problem. Because I have higher priorities of things to happen on my list than worrying about the damn wedding.

'So you could be the flower girl? Your not 6 anymore Clara' Dad scoffed.

'Oi' she scolded him. 'It really wasn't that kind of wedding' she smiled. 'It was more get married in an office so we had all the official documents--'

'Ha. See. I told you. She just wanted a Fucking green card Dad. She doesn't even love you. She'll be running off somewhere in the country before you know it with all you're money' I yelled.

'I highly doubt it Clara she earns more than me' he snapped.

'Do you know what. I can't do this' I whimpered, standing up. I'm really not interested' I scoffed. 'I'll be out of your hair by this time tomorrow'