Chapter 235 - "Apologies and more Disagreements..."

Clara's PoV

'Go away Lilly' I shouted as she continued to tap on my bedroom door. I had happily locked myself in my room just wanting to be alone and think.

But I couldn't even get 5 minutes to myself around here.

'It's not Lilly Clara. It's me' John said and my eyes widened.

'No. No. No' I scoffed through my teeth in a quiet whisper. Damn him for knowing where I live.

I decided that maybe if I played the silent card, and kept quiet then he might just go away.

'Fine if your not going to let me in then we'll have this conversation through the door. Just 5 minutes. You don't have to say anything'

'There's nothing to be said. I just want to be left alone' I shouted. 'Not that, that's actually possible around here' I mumbled to myself.

'Please. 5 minutes. Just to get through to you'

I sighed, opening the door to reveal him standing in the doorway, and he didn't really look himself at all.

He was looking extremely sleep deprived right now. And completely drained of all emotion. His face was completely pale and he didn't even have hair gel in his hair. His perfect yet scruffy quiff was looking a bit rejected.

'What do you actually want?' I mumbled looking down at my hands and fiddled with my fingers.

'To talk about all this somewhat maturely. We need to talk about it like it or not'

'There's nothing to talk about John. I just don't understand why you did it? What was so wrong with me that you decided it was okay to Fuck someone else? Do you realise how shit that makes me feel?'

'I'm sorry okay? I'm really sorry Clara. You have no idea how sorry I am. That's why I didn't tell you. You didn't need to know' he pouted.

'Answer me this' I said as I looked him dead in the eye. 'If Crystal had of been pregnant? Would you have told me it was yours? Would you have let me help her out with the entire pregnancy and hide the fact that it was your kid?' I asked genuinely intrigued.

'I--' he stuttered and stopped. 'Yes. I probably would have. But I would have done a hell of a lot of trying to convince her not to keep it' he said looking down.

'Why? You and I know that the minute it would have been born I would have been able to tell it was yours. Facial features give a lot away' I scoffed.

'Because you mean more to me than anyone in the world. And she was getting in the way okay. I wasn't supposed to end up in bed with her I swear'

'How do I know your not just saying that? How can I trust you? You've got a record... With her'

'Oh please. You can't bring my track record up on me. You've got a bigger list than I have'

'Actually at this point I think we're pretty much even' I snapped. 'Me. Danny. Adrien. And Richard' I counted. 'While you've got Rosie, Me, and Crystal'

'See told you I'm not as high as you. And I don't know that I did sleep with Rosie. And anyway, don't forget to add your little encounter back in January to your list' he spat spitefully.

I gasped and almost lost it there and then.

'That. That wasn't my fault' I cried.

He had regretted it as he said it. I could tell. He was just looking for ways to get at me. But it hurt. He's been saying things and regretting them more lately. He's got one hell of a temper!

'You are on very. Very thin Ice John' I warned.

'Why? If anyone's the worst its you. A relationship is supposed to be equal.
You sleep around and kiss whoever you feel like. Not to mention how easy it is for you too lie. Lies roll of your tongue like there's no tomorrow '

'Could you leave please? Your stressing me out. You said 5 minutes well you've been shouting at me for 15 so please just leave. Richard will be back soon anyway' I mumbled.

'I bet lover boy has all the privileges' he mocked.

'You actual bastard. Richard is the only person that has helped me through this. The only person I actually trust. I couldn't have sex with anyone even if I wanted too just from fears of flashbacks. So don't flatter yourself. Get out!' I yelled.

'When's the next scan? Because I'm coming'

'Pft. No you ain't' I spat.

'Umm, I think you'll find I am. If you don't tell me I'll get someone to tell me' he shouted back, and it was true to say that we were now attracting attention, because Lilly had walked in.

'Do you two have to shout? The whole bloody campus can hear this argument?'

'Yes' we yelled in sync, looking at her and then I stared. 'If you come anywhere near me at that hospital so help me I will have you removed from my life' I snapped.

'Yeah right. I'd like to see you try' he muttered, sweeping around the room.

'What the hell do you think your doing? Your not snooping through all my things' I yelled grabbing his wrist as he rooting through my stuff and pushed me away.

'What the Fuck is wrong with you John?' Lilly said as she stormed in and tried to get him to leave.

'Huh. March 25th. I'll see you then' he said pulling the letter out of the draw I had hidden it in, and started to read over it. 'What the hell? Your seriously not going to do a paternity test?' He growled having read over the letter.

'No. I told you. I don't want to know. It's better that way' I mumbled, snatching it out of his hand but he just held it higher in the air so I couldn't reach and pushed me out the way and into the chest of draws.

It didn't hurt, I was just frightened that he had pushed me a little more forcefully than he probably intended.

'Are you okay?' Richard asked running towards me. I didn't even hear him or see him come in, but he was straight over to me.

'Lover boy to the rescue' John said rolling his eyes.

'I'm fine. I just want you to please get rid of him' I begged.

'Just let him come to the scan' Richard mumbled, so I stood up, brushed myself down and got rid of him myself. 'Get. Out' I spat punching him pretty hard in the stomach.

'Ow. What was that for?'

'Stick around and you'll see' I threatened as he looked up to say something else, I punched him even harder, pushing him out the door. 'Leave me alone' I spat.

'Woah. Clara. Cool it, before you do something you'll regret' Richard said taking hold of me from behind and pulling me kicking and screaming into my room, while Lilly helped John up off the floor, where I had winded him from punching him so hard that second time.

'I think it's best that you just leave' Lilly muttered.

'No way!' He panted. 'This argument isn't over!'