Chapter 256 - "Marry Me...?"

Clara's PoV

'What?'

'You heard. Marry me?' He said again but it sounded even more horrifying the second time he said it than the first time.

'Marry you? You can not be serious?' I asked in a bit of a huff at the very idea. I don't want to marry anyone. I couldn't even manage to splutter out the word properly.

What difference was marrying him going to make? I still wouldn't want to be with him.

'It might sound crazy but what about this whole situation isn't crazy? I mean seriously? We're not normal - never have been. So why be normal. Marry me' he said again sitting down now and grabbing my hands.

'I can't see what marrying you would accomplish? You still wouldn't be around at all. It wouldn't solve the problem of the fact that your living on the other side of London to me. It wouldn't solve the fact that you could potentially still not be the Father. It wouldn't solve anything. In fact if I'm honest I think it would make it a whole lot worse' I muttered. Being under his feet everyday would be a nightmare. And imagine me telling my Dad I'm getting married?

If he hasn't disowned me before, he certainly would if I tell him I'm eloping.

'It would solve everything. Clara. I would be bound to you, no matter what! Come on. Why not?' He asked.

I literally couldn't look him in the eye because I didn't want to hurt him - but there was no way I was marrying him. I don't think I would want to. His logic made no sense.

I also don't think that Richard would approve. Believe it or not but I hadn't noticed it before but I think I'm in the middle of a sort of a love triangle and that's kind of my fault really.

I really like Richard and I don't want to ruin what the two of us have by this stupid idea of a proposal.

'Why would you want to marry me?' I asked, keeping him talking but all I was doing was avoiding and putting off the inevitable. I would have to let him down at down point so why put it off?

What kind of proposal does he call this anyway? There's no ring.

'Why wouldn't I want to marry you? Your perfect in every single way' he said leaning forward and capturing my lips. 'I'm not saying that we elope tomorrow. Maybe not even for years but an engagement is a promise that I can keep too. I swear'

'You've said that before. What's going to be different about being my fiancée than being my boyfriend? What's different to stop you from Fucking any girl you clap eyes on when drunk?' I said pushing him away.

'We'll be a family with a "Richard Junior' he scoffed.

'I thought you were all for a girl?' I smirked.

'Oh I am. But there's something about the fact that it's kicking at 19 weeks that tells me it could possibly be an energetic little dude' he shrugged leaning way over my body and pressing into places that were really arousing me right about now.

'It could possibly be either' I pointed out. 'It can only go 50/50' I breathed.

Something that I'd rather not be happening started to happen. The closer he got to me the closer I knew we were to having sex.

'Please John. Don't put it like that. We're never going to be a family because I'm giving Richard junior up' I said realising that this kid had better be a boy because this name for now was starting to stick.

'I know. I know' he said and I know what he was thinking. He's hoping it will be born and I'll change my mind.

I don't want that to happen. So I am really trying not to let it get to me.

I opened my mouth to speak again, but found I couldn't speak because his mouth was back on mine.

I was in complete shock that I was even allowing this to happen but my body wasn't trying or wanting to stop it and there's no one home, until my senses kicked in.

'Get off and get out John' I mumbled. 'Richard will be back any minute. Please just leave' I shoved, knowing that he'll climb in my window any minute.

'Fine. Have your lover boy. But at the very least think about it?'

'John. You realise I won't need to think about it? Richard and I --' I cut myself off.

'Oh hell no. Tell me you two aren't actually together?'

'That's none of your business, but I'm not denying it' I scoffed, pushing the window open and motioned for him too leave, before collapsing on my bed in even more confusion now than I was before.

- - -

'Clara? What's up? Your pacing quite a lot. What's going on?' Richard said as he closed my bedroom door.

'Nothing. I'm fine really. Just thinking' I admitted.

'About?'

'The future. Well everything really. The baby, John and us.' I said motioning between us.

'Oh' he mumbled, but before he could say much else, I stepped closer and pushed him into the wall. 'Clara?' He said astounded.

'Look. I don't really know what I want right now. I don't really know who I want right now - but in this minute I want you and only you' I said kissing him roughly which turned far more gentle in time.

'Clara what's this all about?' He said spinning as round and pushing me down on the bed, raising an eyebrow before crawling on top of me.

'Not really sure. All I know is that John made an interesting proposal earlier that I'd rather ignore. So please, I know it sounds horribly selfish but please can we do this?' I begged, wrapping my arms around his neck, with pleading eyes.

'Oh Clara. You ask and I'll do' he muttered, pushing a stand of hair gently out of my face and kissed me once again.