Chapter 269 - "Through the Night..."

Clara's PoV

'Two teenagers both involved in a fall. Both fell about 50ft underground. This is John, 19, suspected broken right foot and nose. Few cuts and bruises but otherwise he's looking okay' someone said. It was all a bit crazy as people were being moved left right an centre.

'And this one?'

'Also fell 50ft underground. Hit his head so could be a head injury. There's some internal bleeding and he's lost a lot of blood. His breathing is sounding bad but number one priority is getting him into intensive care and hooked up, then some emergency blood transfusions'

John was wheeled one way, through to a room on his own, and Richard another way, which John did not like.

He couldn't take a look or care for his own injuries, the guilt was killing him as he watched through the glass as they treated Richard and cut clothes from him.

The guilt was pouring through him as doctors and nurses looked for veins and started running tests. If only John had listened to Richard.

If only he hadn't have got in a fight for no reason?

'Right get the top off, and inform Intensive care were on our way up. Give theatre some notice, and I need an on the moment x Ray' people demanded and people rushed around. 'Let's get that blood in here as a matter of priority and stem the bleeding to his head'

'Do we have a name?' Someone else asked as scissors were handed to Marcus who had appeared from the scene.

'Right this is Richard Madden. He's 18 and lives locally' he announced pulling some ID out of Richards ruined and bloody coat. 'Someone sort his head out, we'll run a full body scan in a minute. Can we get some information From the friend. Relatives or other friends'

'John mentioned a girlfriend. She's outside'

'If his pupils blow were in trouble' he muttered, injecting the needle in the middle of his chest and releasing the pressure around his heart, as the blood came out in the needle.

'His heart rates back to normal, but there's a bleed somewhere'

'Looks like it could be the kidney. Let's get him straight up to ITU. Surgery can wait until we know more' Marcus announced and headed next door to see John. 'How you feeling?'

'I would feel better if I could sit up' John announced.

'We need some emergency contact for both of you. Can we call someone?'

'My Aunt. Aunt Jane. She's my primary relative. She's minding Richard as well. Get her in and she'll sort it out' John mumbled.

'We will probably need to operate on your foot. That's quite a break, and the bone needs to be set, but for now we need to get you up to a heart ward. As soon as the back log is cleared well transfer you'

'Your separating us?'

'He's already gone to the intensive care unit. I promise they're doing everything they can. The hit to the head is the main worry, but we'll know more in a few hours' Marcus said stepping out of the cubicle and took the phone from one of the nurses.

- - -

Is he okay?' I asked actually no demanded a nurse to tell me as they walked by.

'I'll get Marcus. That's they're Doctor' she said making me want to punch her in the face. I just wanted some answers.