Chapter 395 - "Christmas Flu..."

Clara's PoV

'No way. I'm not having a real tree in the lounge of this flat. We can't anyway... You was allergic to it last year' I scoffed, as we wandered the garden centre.

Most people had already gone home in the flat for Christmas anyway. It was just Me, John and Lilly. I wasn't really sure where Richard was.

'Listen. I was thinking about inviting Richard for Christmas with me? Would you oppose to that?'

'Yes'

'Why? No one should spend Christmas Day on their own. And his family aren't back from Mexico until the new year. It just doesn't seem fair?' I tried.

'Whatever. If you have too. Then do what you want' he said rolling his eyes, as I pushed the trolley and he pushed Autumn.

'Do you have to insist on coughing and spluttering everywhere. It's disgusting' I scoffed, standing at least 5 foot away from him at all times.

'What do you want me to do? Not cough?' He coughed.

It was safe to say that I had thrown him out of the bed at 3am when he kept sputtering, coughing, sniffing and sounding like a broken bike chain from wheezing in his chest. It was hard to actually get any sleep at all.

Plus the cold was making his snoring even worse than usual.

'I just don't want a cold over Christmas. So if you would be so kind...' I muttered as he yawned and just stood far enough away from me with the buggy as I decided on the absolutely most perfect tree for the flat.

We would only see it for two days, but I wanted the fun of putting it up anyway.

'You could do a nice thing and look after me? I would look after you?' He pouted.

'I will. I promise we'll stop and get you some stuff on the way home' I smirked, as he lent forward and I just pressed a finger to his mouth. 'Don't even think about it. Mouth to mouth contact is the first way of spreading illness' I laughed.

He wasn't impressed by it - but got over it as I found the perfect lights, baubles and the most adorable stocking for Autumn.

'So what have you bought Autumn for Christmas then?' He asked with a bunged up nose which was funny to hear actually.

'A few bits. Mainly just clothes. She's only three months old. She's got no idea what Christmas even is. Next year will be better when she can open presents herself' I shrugged. 'I've bought a couple of toys - but I have a feeling she's going to be throughly spoilt this Christmas'

'Aren't all babies?'

'Have you bought her presents then?'

'Of course I have. She's my little girl now. I couldn't not' he scoffed, as I pushed the trolly to the till. 'Can I go and sit in the car?' He whined, clutching his head as he leant on a wall near by.

'I guess' I laughed, tapping his cheek and skipped towards the till.

- - -

Three hours later and I was admiring the green Christmas tree in the lounge of our flat and it was the best tree I had seen in a long while.

Lilly and I were just attacking the lights that were brand new from the box yet still tangled in a knot as John entertained Autumn from the sofa.

'Shouldn't this be your job?'

'Are you trying to be sexist? Because if you want to go there then I'll let you cook the dinner tonight shall I?' He snapped.

'It would probably be for the best considering you've got snot all over you. I don't want your germs in my food' I said back, wrapping some lights around the tree and hanging the odd bauble here and there.

'It's only pizza Clara. Leave him alone' Lilly laughed, as she came out of the room with a sack of presents and started placing presents under the tree.

'Who the hell are they all for?' I asked confused. 'Everyone's gone home already'

'Yeah. I know. But I figured it's not a Christmas tree without presents, so this will have to do. There's yours and John's, and there's three presents for Autumn. So you might as well open them now' she said as I looked over at John hopefully and laughed.

'I don't think he'll be opening anything right now' I smirked, as John was sound asleep on the sofa, with Autumn sound asleep lying on his chest.

It was the most adorable little scene I have seen in a while and couldn't help but laugh.

'Should we wake him? He might not want to be napping during the day' Lilly suggested.

'Nah. He's probably exhausted. I kicked him out of the bed at 3am, so he probably didn't go back to sleep. Let them sleep' I said, gently placing a blanket over the top of them both, to let them sleep soundly.

'I can't blame him. Autumn is so warm and snuggly that if she's on me - I fall asleep too' she shrugged, skipping to the kitchen behind me. 'What now?'

'I'm going to make Christmas cookies to take home' I grinned, pulling a load of ingredients from the cupboard.

'Oo. Oo. Can I lick the bowl?'

'Yep' I chuckled as she switched the tell onto Christmas vacation which was quite literally my all time favourite Christmas film, and the other two were so deeply asleep that it didn't even wake them up.

- - -

'Watch this' I whispered, taking the plate full of warm cookies and holding them under John's nose for a joke.

It was quite amusing how his nose ruffled at the smell, and how he did indeed wake up.

'Cookies?' He asked with a raised eyebrow. 'Where's Autumn?'

'Richard came and he took her out for a walk. You looked so peaceful I didn't want to disturb you' I said collapsing on the sofa next to him as he stole a cookie and ate it.

'I can't really taste it - but it tastes good I guess' he shrugged. 'Tree looks cool'

'I know. Can we open presents now?'

'From?'

'From Lilly. We won't see her until the new year. So she's gives us hers and we give her, hers?' I suggested.

'How could I possibly say no to presents?'