Chapter 219 - "Going Native..."

Clara's PoV

It was a way bigger venue than I thought it was going to be.

I figured it would be a small venue worn a couple of live acts over a few days but it was massive. There was different stages and the field for camping was huge.

'Come on Clara. lil. Let's get this tent up cause then we can eat food' Crystal smirked running across the field leaving Jack and Rose to bring the stuff.

'You know Crystal. I never saw you as the camping type' I chuckled, as she jumped up and down on the spot.

'No me neither. Never been before to be honest so it might not be yet'

I pulled the poles and tent out of the bag and proceeded to put it up. 'Don't you want the instructions sweet cheeks?' Jack smirked holding the paper in his hand.

'Nah. All tents are the same. I'll be fine. Go and make yourself useful ladies and go and collect some wood'

'You know it's a camping site. There's actually a fire pit for us to use. We're not going native'

'Yeah but it's not the same - but maybe we should go native... Maybe even so savage that we forget knives and forks and eat everything with our hands?' I shrugged. 'Anyone up for hiking later? Cause the main stage is tomorrow night so we can hike up to the top of that hill tonight. There's little hills round the back and they are so much fun to roll down'

'How do you know all this Clara?' Lilly asked, placing her arm around my shoulder.

'I thought I recognised it here. I've said before how I was a Girl Scout and did brownies. We used to go to this sight all the time'

'Hiking?' Lilly said horrified.

'We you don't have to come. Me and Crystal will go' I shrugged. I knew once I had suggested that me an Crystal go alone that she would be going too.

Even though she was going to hate it the whole time - her and Crystal are unlikely friends and quite the enemy when they want to be.

- - -

'Converse. Who it's converse on to go hiking?' Lilly panted, as we continued up the hill.

'I have to say that it's your own fault. Converse are great but not for hiking - it's no wonder you've got blisters' I said rolling my eyes.

'Thanks for that comment' she whined.

'It's not much further I promise. But you didn't have to come' I said again, reaching out for her hand over a rock and handed her my gloves.

'Well I didn't know it was going to be so steep and Fucking freezing, did I?'

'Common sense' Crystal snidely cut in.

Despite everything I was thinking in my head - by being on this festival and camping trip it was giving me something to concentrate on.

Something else to think about and push the thoughts of pregnancy and babies and relationships and sex out of my mind.

By the time we got to the top of the hill to see the sunset I had come to the decision to turn my phone off - and would only turn it back on if we got separated.

To be disconnected from the rest of the world and worries felt great - no matter how cliche that sounds.

'I feel far more free without it on. You should try it' I suggested.

'Turn my phone off? Your kidding right? I'd get bloody withdrawal if I didn't have my phone' Lilly pointed out pulling her converse off and dumping them.

'You going to walk the whole way back without shoes on?'

'No, I'll have to put them back on I guess but they're really killing my feet' she said as we lay at the top.

'Anyone wanna race down the hill?' Crystal suggested looking up.

'As in roll down the hill? That couldn't sound anymore amazing' I chuckled, zipping my jacket up, then took my boots off. 'They'll be a size too small - but then you can walk down. I won't need shoes on if I'm rolling' I shrugged wiggling my toes in my patterned socks.

'Brilliant. Thanks Clara' Lilly said heading off a little as we laid down.

Sounds childish and a little stupid, but it's the best I've felt in days.

Fresh air and rolling down the grass. I wasn't even worried about throwing up because it would definitely be worth it at the end of the day.

'You've got grass in your hair' Crystal laughed, extending a hand to help me up.

'Woah I'm dizzy' I smirked getting up and brushing myself down. 'Can I have my shoes?'

'Yeah' Lilly said. 'I'm going to get the burgers with Jack... Wanna come?'

'Nah. I'm exhausted and dizzy now. I'm going to sit down. Get me a double cheeseburger, no onions, large cheese fries and coke' I said and she stared at me.

'Where the bloody hell are you going to put all that? Double cheese burger? Your the size of a twig'

'Not for much longer' I grumbled and then brushed it off. 'I'm hungry and tired. Cheese burger. Go get'

- - -

I took a massive bite out of the burger and spilt mayonnaise all down my top, but right now I didn't care. It tasted so bloody good I wasn't interested.

'So anybody got any sexy ghost stories?' Jack smirked.

'Aren't you a bit beyond ghost stories?' I mumbled as they handed round drinks.

'No ones ever too old for ghost stories... And in all fairness I did say sexy ghost stories' he said rolling his eyes.

'I'll pass on the drinking and stories. Think I'm just going to go to bed. I'm exhausted and feel a bit dizzy from coming down that hill' I lied. 'Probably ate the burger to fast'

'Alright boring. See ya tomorrow' Jack said but thankfully didn't question it.

I crawled into my tent, having got changed in the loo, and curled up a little with my book. Being alone I found wasn't good.

My mind does a lot of wandering when I'm on my own.

All I kept doing was thinking about everything. It was impossible to try and concentrate on the book, and was completely stunned when I heard Lilly rustling outside the tent and crawled in. 'You drunk already?' I joked.

'No. Haven't touched a drop yet. Just came to see if you are okay first. Didn't want you to be alone' she shrugged.

'In fine really. Like I said just tired' I admitted as she raised an eyebrow.

'Your tired? Your not drinking? Eating a lot? Dizzy? Clara answer me this... Are you pregnant?' She asked as I sat up bolt right widening my eyes.