Chapter 349 - "Unit..."

Birthday update yay - thought I'd give you a dramatic one... Back on the wifi this week so yay more updates.

- - -

Chapter 349 - "Unit..."

Clara's PoV

'Whoa. Gave you a lot to think about then?' Lilly muttered, as I pulled my hair down and grumbled about everything.

'I just can't see it happening' I pouted. 'I'm not sure if I want to go on my own and I can't just make the guys drop their lives for me... I don't think they'll be able to go that long with out seeing the poor kid... I know I wouldn't. And I know if I asked they would come but I can't do that to them. You know what their like... I say jump, they'll say how high?'

'Surly if you are breaking up with Richard he won't be the problem anyway?'

'Of course he'll be a problem. Even when we break up - he's going to want to still see Autumn. He's like a second Dad to her. I'm not going to take her away from him no matter what' I scoffed. 'Even if he won't speak to me I'm not going to stop him from seeing Autumn. He loves her too much'

'But you do want to go? You have to do what you want to do Clara. Yeah we'd all miss you but it wouldn't be for that long would it? And they are both rich enough that they would just come and visit you in America whenever you got lonely' she shrugged.

'Exactly. Lonely might be a big problem. What if I have the same problem as when I first moved to uni? What if I get depressed again and then want to come home? I don't want to fly all the way out there and come home again after a few days'

'That's true. That's a potential awkward thing' she nodded in agreement. 'Plus have you thought about John? Your just getting back together with him and then disappearing after Christmas?'

'Yeah. Look, I'll have to talk to them' I said picking my bag up and heading to the front door. 'But right now I just want to see my baby' I sighed. 'She might help me decide all the shit'

'You are right. I have to say that Autumns cuteness always helps in times of need' she chuckled, as we jumped off the bed and headed out.

- - -

'Richard I need some help' John begged down the phone. Richard was the last person that John wanted to talk to in this situation - especially since this was a test run to see if Clara could trust him... Which of course she did.

But she wouldn't after this.

'Go on?' Richard encouraged knowing that by the sounds of John's voice that this just isn't going to go all that well.

'It's just Lola has been gone for ages. I've had the whole of unit pretty much check the entire building and the park nearby... She's not there and she's got Autumn'

'What do you mean she's been gone for hours? Why the Fuck did you give Clara's baby to her?' Richard snapped.

'She said she was taking her to the park. I wasn't going to object. It was just a walk when she wouldn't stop crying earlier, but she's turned her phone off and hasn't come back in 4 hours'

'And you didn't think to tell me or Clara before now? For fucks sake it was one day she trusted you. You wanted responsibility but you won't get it now'

'That's why I need your help. I need you to help me find them'

'No Fucking way, I'm not playing that game. I'm calling Clara. A baby is missing. You should be more concerned. She's not even your kid. You don't just hand kids out without knowing the person really well'

'Don't you dare spit that one in my face Madden. It's not my fault she's not my baby. And to Clara she is. Plus I have known Lola for 5 months. I didn't know she was going to kidnap the poor girl from me' John huffed. 'What are you doing?' John asked as Richard pulled his phone out of his pocket briskly.

'Calling the police. Not only is there a baby missing... There's a baby related to a Fucking rapist missing. Think about it... What if she has to do with Felix? Then what?' Richard scoffed.

'Holy shit'

- - -

'Are you stupid or what?' Richard scoffed.

'Clara told me to call you if there was an emergency and the fact that I don't know where the infant is... I figured that was an important thing' John mumbled as Richard carried on complaining about having to leave work.

'So she's seriously missing? You've seriously lost the baby? That wasn't some kind of practical joke?'

'Why would this be some kind of joke. She knows you more than me. I figured you might be useful. If your not going to be then Fuck off'

'Yeah. Let me just call her name and I'm sure she'll come at me like she's some sort of Fucking dog. She's not a dog John. She's a baby who quite frankly wouldn't know I'm anyone other than the hand that occasionally feeds her'

'I've got security out searching for Lola but she won't answer her phone and I'm not sure why. I don't know why she would just take Autumn like this' John pouted.

'Not as trust worthy as you thought then? God when Clara finds out about this she is so going to loose her shit - but it will also prove her right. She always did think that she was a little suspicious' Richard pointed out and then sighed. 'This is just ridiculous' Richard snapped. 'Have you called Clara?'

'No. I wouldn't dare. What if I really have lost the poor kid?'

'Your not freaking out nearly as much as you should! try calling Lola again' Richard snapped, as he got the phone out and nodded in agreement.

'No answer... In Fact it's just saying that the device is switched off. It's sending me straight to voice mail'

'Right. Now you really do have to call the police. You can't just let some random person take away a baby and then turn her phone off. She's obviously up to something' Richard said really worried about where Autumn was right now.

He really loves Autumn and really doesn't want any harm to come to her - but then neither does John. He was just stupid enough to let a lunatic look after someone else's daughter.