Chapter 246 - "Bets...?"

Clara's PoV

'I don't understand. Why do people need to know? It's not their business' I snapped over the table at breakfast.

'At least let the people in our house know why your vomiting 7 times a day. Half of them are are frightened to death. Alfie thought you were forcing yourself to vomit and that I was egging you on' Lilly said offended.

'I take it you told him then?'

'I had too. I wasn't getting sent to rehab or something for making you vomit even though it's not my fault. I hate to tell you and you can deny it all you like but in less than a month you'll be starting to show'

'Lil. I'm already as uncomfortable as Fuck and I'm only 13 weeks. I just want to be normal, but I'm wearing my underwear up to here -' I paused In order to motion that I'm wearing my underwear up to just under my boobs. 'My stomach is starting to stretch even though it's not obvious. I'm uncomfortable in pretty much everything that isn't the really big but comfortable jogging bottoms that Richard gave me. Believe me. I'm anything but normal right now ' I moaned.

'I know. You'll get used to it' she promised, trying to be somewhat be comforting to me.

'I don't want to get used to it Lil. I want to be not pregnant so I don't have to worry about clothes. I really don't want to have to go shopping for maternity clothes. I dread to think of the items available'

'What's up ladies... Oh sorry didn't mean to offend. And gentleman' Richard chuckled.

'Richard I've told you a million times it might not even be a boy. It might be a girl. So could you stop talking like its a boy. If it's a girl she'll be really insulted' I said rolling my eyes.

'I'm voting boy' Richard chuckled.

'Are we taking bets now? Because I don't think your supposed to bet on what gender your baby is?' I said raising an eyebrow.

'Hey I don't think Richard Junior will mind. He'll be more than happy that your making a little money out of it' he chuckled.

'If it's a boy I'm not naming it Richard - in fact in not naming it at all - but if I was it wouldn't be after my best friend' I said as his face fell.

Was he my best friend?

Was be more?'

Damn I really need to corner him.

'So are we taking bets or not Clara cause I hate to agree with my idiot ex boyfriend but I think boy too' Lilly smirked.

'How can you tell?'

'From the scan. It's got a male kind of loom to it. Just the way it's hunched up is so man like' she shrugged.

I snatched the ultrasound from 12 weeks out of her hand and sighed. 'You can barely tell. It's like not even 12cm yet. Let alone have genitals'

'Actually I think they do. If it's a girl she'll have eggs and stuff by now - a scanner just can't pick it up yet. If it's a boy it will have sperm. Just saying' she said as my mouth gaped.