Chapter 376 - "Swimming Pools..."

Clara's PoV

'What do you think? Do you think he'll like it?' Lilly asked as she stood in front of me and I raised an eyebrow.

'Have you been working out?' I analysed. She seemed to have tiny, cute girly abs.

'Maybe'

'God. I need to start working out post baby. I'm just so chunky... Not flabby. But chunky' I scoffed staring at my pink bikini in the mirror which used to really flatter me - but now just makes me look all flabby.

'You look fine. Better than some women once they've had babies'

'That's not the point' I scoffed, sitting at the edge of the pool as Lilly went to sit on one of the sun loungers.

Unfortunately because it was November in England... It was pretty cold so there was no trip to the beach, but I still might take a walk down there later.

'Clara come and get in the hot tub' John said claiming it, as he flicked Lilly - trying to get her to get out.

'Ow. What are you doing you idiot?'

'Waiting for you to get the hell out of the hot tub. Go and get in the pool' John mumbled.

'If it wasn't Clara's birthday then I wouldn't pay any attention to you' Lilly scoffed, climbing out and allowing me to slip my toes in.

'Are you not getting in? It's pretty warm?' John tried saying to entice me in.

'Yeah in a minute'

'What's up?'

'Nothing'

'You get all withdrawn and go into denial when there's something wrong Clara. What's up?' He asked, floating over to me in the hot tub.

'Do you think I'm fat?'

'What the Fuck? Why would you even think that? Have you seen yourself? Your beautiful' he scoffed, as if it was damn right outrageous for me to say such a thing.

'But I'm carrying so much excess baby weight' I whined. 'I mean yeah I'm pretty flat now, but still not what I could be'

'No your not. Now get in the hot tub you silly moose' he chuckled, taking grab of my waist and pulling me into the hot tub forcefully.

- - -

'You know there isn't just an adults pool section?' John mumbled into my hair, as I sat on his lap in the hot tub, letting the bubbles flow around us.

'Hmm?'

'There's a teens section as well'

'I'm not a teenager anymore John' I said rolling my eyes thinking he was making another joke out of me being 20.

I can't wait until January because I'm so going to make his 20th birthday miserable.

'I wasn't joking Clara. There's a section full of slides and fun stuff to do. It's seriously aimed at young adults. We can go if you like? Make you feel younger? And then we'll hit up the bar tonight?'

'Really? We can be kids for one more day?'

'Hey. We'll always be kids' he scoffed, as I wrapped a towel around me and he picked up his towel. 'Were going to the slides. You two coming?' John mumbled, not wanting too much to disturb their moment - but it seemed like Richard had already done that by cannon balling into the pool.

'Oh my god yes. Sounds fun' Lilly said rather excitable and jumped out grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the slide. 'Did you like your present Clara?' Lilly asked suddenly out of the blue as I remembered what she had given me.

'A scrapbook? It's great. In fact we can do it together at the weekend?' I suggested.

'What do you mean?'

'Document everything. Document my life in the scrapbook'

'Will you stick a picture of me in the front so that you don't forget about me when you go to America? You know when you have a new house mate and a new me?' She said sadly.

'Are you kidding me? Your my best friend lil. I'll be calling you three times a day just to keep me company in the loo. If I wasn't taking Autumn with me then I wouldn't be going' I pointed out.

'Really?'

'Hell no. I wouldn't be able to go away on my own. She keeps me distracted and she'll help me to be far less homesick' I shrugged, wandering towards the other pool. 'John. John. John' I said excitedly jumping after him.

'Hmm?'

'Race you too the slide' I grinned, taking off and bolting up the stairs, and jumping down the slide.

- - -

'Aw man. I'm on my own' Richard scoffed to himself as we all jumped in the inflatable tubes.

To be fair Lilly and Douglas had gone separately in their floating experience - it was just me who insisted on going in the same one as John. 'I can't wait until Autumn is old enough to get to come with me to places like this'

'So umm-- I hate to ask but I never really found out. What's happening with the whole Felix thing? I mean he gets released in a week or so...?' Richard said and I knew that both John and Lilly had been keeping him up to date with all the happenings when it comes to Felix.

'I don't know. When he gets released I'll spend everyday freaking out that he might find me or come in search for me. He knows about Autumn and he knows that she exists so it wouldn't surprise me if he came looking' I sighed.

'Trust me... He'll know to keep his distance if he wants to keep his lively hood' John scoffed, taking my hand as we climbed out the pool.

I wrapped a towel around my body and stole John's one too as we walked through the hotel lobby to the hotel rooms.

'But we don't know that John. We don't know what he's going to do. There's a part of me that wants to see him again. I dunno get some closure on all this but there is no way I can sit in a room with him or even go near him. He makes me feel sick'

'Me too'