Chapter 242 - "The Hardest Conversation... Ever..."

Clara's PoV

Several minutes later everyone sat in a different corner of the room in complete silence.

'We need to talk about it' Jane pointed out but my Dad was still seething, there was no talking to him.

'Do you have any idea what has happened?' My Dad scoffed at Jane.

'Yes. He had sex. With his girlfriend. Why is that so shocking? I know it seems like they are still children Dave but they will be almost 20 years old when the baby is born' Jane shrugged. 'Perfectly old enough, perfectly capable and most importantly perfectly legal... to look after a baby'

'It won't matter because we won't be the ones looking after it' I said out loud.

'That's a decision for later Clara, the question is how many weeks are you?' Jane demanded.

'12' I responded.

'That's a perfectly acceptable amount of weeks for you to have an abortion or at least think about it' he said and I couldn't even believe he said the word, because I can't. I would never be able to abort a baby. Especially having been through loosing one before.

No it wasn't fully developed. But it's the same principle.

'I've already decided that I'm keeping it, no matter what shit health that brings me. Or whose baby it turns out this is. I've lost one baby before and I won't loose another. I cannot put myself through that again' I said making damn sure he understood this.

'Your quiet what are you thinking?' Jane said turning and looking at John.

'A lot' he said, staying silent even still.

'I'm bringing this baby to term and none of you are going to stop me. As far as I'm concerned this baby is an accident, I won't let it ruin my life and won't drop out of university. It's not due until October so I can finish this year. Then if all goes to plan it will be born in October just in time for me to start second semester a few weeks late. What happens then I don't know' I said dragging off.

I knew what I wanted to do but knew it was a pretty sore subject around John considering he was adopted and he found his parents 18 years later.

It wasn't exactly a conversation that I wanted to have with Jane and Dad in the room either. But I also wasn't sure if I'd be able to sit in a room and have a civilised conversation with John at the moment either.

'And what about you two? Because I'll be damned if you disappear out of her life like a puff of smoke leaving her in this mess' Dad said, glaring at John.

'I don't know' John said.

'Dad don't...' I warned having not told him or Jane about the rape.

'Sorry what about them two?' Jane asked.

'Oh so he didn't tell you that their not even a couple anymore?' Dad said with a smirk and folded his arms.

I knew he had a thing against John - but that's just horrible.

'I said no such thing Dad. I said I wasn't sure. I don't want to be at the moment but I'm sure we'll work it out in the long run' I said standing up with a sigh. 'I'm staying the night because I can't be asked to go home' I said turning to John and he nodded.