Chapter 329 - "Pushed Out..."

Clara's PoV

'Morning' Richard smiled as I opened the door at 7.30am.

'Well your nice and prompt aren't you? Nice and early in the morning' I said with a yawn. But not a tired yawn. Just a morning yawn.

'Where is she?' He asked literally looking around the corner of the door frame. He had barely said hello to me before he was looking for her.

'She's sleeping still Richard' I said rolling my eyes. 'Babies tend to do that' I mumbled as I watched his face turn into a pout.

'Oh. Well in that case. Did you get any sleep?' He asked stepping in the door and looking down on me.

'Yes thanks. Plenty actually Did you? Because that was the whole point of you going home?' I said, as he stood forward and kissed me. 'God it feels so great to kiss you properly' I mumbled into his mouth.

'You too' he said back, gently stroking my cheek as I pushed my hands through his hair. 'You smell so fresh this morning' he grinned looking down on me as I shut the front door.

'Well that normally comes with showering and feeling clean for the first time since being in the hospital. I felt gross if I'm honest, but I'm really quite glad to be in people clothes again. You know skinny jeans and shirts. Even my hair has become so much more compliant' I grinned.

'I can tell. It's really soft. Now' he said dropping me from his waist, where I had jumped up. 'Where's Autumn?'

'Like I said... Sleeping' I said as there was a tiny wail come from the baby monitor I had connected to the back of my jeans. 'Okay. Now she's awake' I shrugged, dropping down unwillingly, and stepped away, as he ran up the stairs.

I laughed to myself but let him go, so that I could eat my breakfast, and had forgotten to turn the baby monitor off so I could hear the conversation and all the adorable things he was saying to her.

- - -

'Shit dude. You've got to stop doing that' Richard said as he cradled Autumn in his arms and watched as John climbed through the bedroom window. 'Your gonna give the poor baby a heart attack one of these days'

'Ugh. Your here. Again' John scoffed.

'Nice to see you too dude' Richard replied rolling his eyes, and handed Autumn unwillingly to John.

'Why are you here?' John asked confused, as Richard pulled the formula in from the window, and placed them on the desk.

'Because I came to see my girlfriend. Not my fault yours has disappeared'

'She hasn't disappeared. She was just jealous... But I think we made up for it last night well and good' he smirked making Richard grimace at the thought.

'Good for you' Richard hummed, going to step out the room, as John placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped Richard in his tracks. 'What?' He mumbled.

'I-- Look this is awkward but I was just wondering if you could like - leave Clara alone for a couple of days. I know she was moaning about how much you're getting under her feet' John lied.

He just wanted to get Richard out of the picture for a bit. Pure jealousy but he didn't want too share the baby.

'She said that?' Richard scoffed not believing it.

'You know what Clara's like. She wouldn't want to tell you face to face, but you can see it in her face. She just needs a break from people... You being people' John shrugged.

'Okay. Well I'll just tell her I have to go to work or something and be back tomorrow' he shrugged.

'Umm. Maybe Saturday instead'

'What? That's 4 days away. I ain't waiting that long. And anyway she won't want to be worrying about me on Saturday... That's when her Dad lands' Richard scoffed.

'Yeah. Maybe Sunday would be better' John concluded.

Richard mumbled incoherently because it seemed like a ridiculous idea and he didn't really believe John. But was willing to take his word for it because he doesn't want to upset Clara or get her hormones going crazy again.

- - -

'John's here' Richard shouted down the stairs and I shrugged knowingly, as he bought Autumn down the stairs. 'I've got to go to work. They umm - they called me and asked if I could go in and seeing as John is here - I figured it would be okay?'

'Oh. Okay. Well your not obliged to be here so I understand that. You'll come round later though right?' I asked wrapping my arms around his neck again and kissed him lightly.

'If I get time' he said slowly, kissing me carefully and gently for less than 20 seconds which isn't normal for him and disappeared out of the house.

'That was weird. You don't think he's gone off me now that the baby has been born do you?' I asked confused and slightly offended by his actions.

'Your asking the wrong person here? I couldn't give a Fuck of your relationship went down the drain' he scoffed as I covered her ears. 'What are you doing?'

'Language. She's a baby for goodness sake' I scoffed at him. 'I don't want her first word to be foul'

'I highly doubt that's something you want to worry about quite yet. She's 12 days old'

'Doesn't matter. No swearing around her period' I tutted spreading out a blanket on the lounge floor.

'What are you doing now?'

'She needs to get exercise and she can't be in someone's arms all the time. So lay her down on the blanket. She's awake so she just wants to have a little wriggle about'

'For someone who up until 2 days ago didn't even want to have a baby... You seem to know quite a lot about looking after her and what she needs to do'

'I spent all the time that I wasn't sleeping last night - which was most of it - online and researching babies and what babies should be doing and how to be looking after her now. So yeah. I've done my research. I'm responsible for her. Me and only me. I know that you guys are all around to help, and as much as that's brilliant, she's my Daughter. And I don't want her to end up like a total scum bag like her Biological Father. I want her to be better than that. I want her to be more like me' I said, laying her gently down and rubbed her belly, eliciting more tiny baby bubbles from her.

'Wow. That was pretty deep Clara' he chuckled, sitting down cross legged on the floor next to me, and did the same thing as me.