Chapter 222 - "Mud Fight...?"

Clara's PoV

The previous night had been so much fun that I was really sad for it to end.

To have to go home into reality and face the shit in my life head on. I wasn't looking forward to it.

The following day there was a couple more acts to go and see in the afternoon, so we agreed we'd go before driving home.

We had split into two cars on the way so we've spit on the way home too. Me and Lilly will go together and Jack agreed that he'd drop Crystal off in Ealing.

As we were walking back towards the car, we couldn't have been anymore than ten meters away when Lilly stopped. 'Why'd you stop?'

'My heels stuck in the grass' she whined.

I smirked unable to actually keep a straight face. 'I did warn you yesterday that heels in muddy wet grass were not a good idea'

'It's really stuck Clara. I can't get my foot out' she panicked.

'Calm down silly' I laughed going back to her and taking her hands. We tried to get the shoe out but it looked like she was going to have to take the shoe off. 'Your gonna have to ditch the shoe Lil' I grinned.

I couldn't help but be ridiculously smug about the fact that her foot was stuck in the mid, so crouched down to unbuckle the heel.

'No!!! What are you doing? You can't just leave it here?' She snapped.

'Lil. If we get you out of the heel. Then we can pull it out easier when your foot isn't in it' I pointed out logically but she wasn't having it.

'No. I need this heel' she snapped, managing to pull her foot out of the mud and collapsed forwards flat on her face in a lot of mud.

My eyes widened and I tired so hard to suppress the laughter but couldn't help it when she lifted her head.

She looked so funny covered in mud.

'It. Isn't. Funny' she snapped at me.

'Oh it's very funny' I said roaring literally with laughter at her muddy state.

The clothes she was in were ruined and she was absolutely soaking wet. 'Come on Lil' I chuckled tilting my head. 'It's not a festival unless your covered in mud'

'These shoes were so amazing though' she mumbled sitting up, and unbuckling the other one. She was covered in mud now anyway so it didn't really matter anymore.

'Never wear good clothes to a muddy field' I laughed advancing and extending a hand to help her up, what I didn't expect was for the bitch to take hold of my hand and drag me down with her.

I squealed and almost slapped her around the face. 'Lilly. I'm covered in mud' I cried at her as I turned around and felt gross sloping around.

'Tell me about it' she said, and I watched as she gathered a clump of mud in her hand and threw it at me.

'Are we really going to go there lil? Because this is not a war you want to start?' I said with a raised eyebrow. 'Never throw mud at a control freak'

'Actually. I'm serious' she laughed, dumping and forgetting the heels then threw more mud at me. 'Beat the OCD' she joked.

Leading into the most hilarious mud fight between us.

- - -

'You know I really did like those heels' Lilly moaned as she wiped her face in the bathrooms.

We drove up to one before we left, deciding just to change and shower later. 'We might be able to scrub them up' I shrugged.

'Unlikely, I'll just get a new pair' she sighed.

'You know that mud fight was the best thing to happen in months. In fact this whole trip has been so much fun' I told her, pulling my top off, and swelling it for a less muddy one. I couldn't be asked with my leggings.

'Good. People have missed your smile. And I know your in a shit situation again now but just know you'll come out of it' she assured.

'Ugh. Your starting to sound like John. Or Richard. That's not the kind of support I need right now. I need the truth. Cold and true' I smiled assuringly as we finished cleaning mid away and climbed in the car. 'Can you drive? I can't get the mud off my glasses and I can't drive me without them'

- - -

'Good god. You two look like you've fallen through a hole' John chuckled as we dragged the bags into the building.

'How did you two even get in? You've not got a key--' I cut myself off noticing Alfie and Ollie in the common room. 'Right that's how' I mumbled, as I went back towards my room.

'What happened? Why you both covered in mud?' Richard smirked.

'Long story. Heels and mud is all I can say. It was great fun though'

'I can tell. Haven't seen you smile like that in months - it's almost weird' Richard winced.

'Shut up dude. I'm taking advantage of it' John said swooping into peck my lips. My heart skipped a beat thinking he might have been digging for more, but he kept it innocent. 'I'm so jealous. You look like you guys had a great time' he mumbled flicking through some of the photos on Lilly's phone.

'It was great fun. I wasn't looking forward to it - but I had a great time' I assured him, ruffling his hair and grabbing my towel.

I stepped out the room and met Lilly outside the shower room. We share shampoo so it's easier to shower at the same time in the cubicle next to each other.

'Clara. You okay though?' Richard asked.

I hugged him tightly and smiled. 'You were right. I had a great time and it was nice not to have to think about it - but you haven't told him have you?' I panicked.

'Nah. He's not got a clue' he confirmed, pulling some mud out of my hair.

'Good. Now I need a shower'