Chapter 258 - "Say What...?"

Clara's PoV

'John proposed last night. He asked me to marry him' I admitted.

'Okay' he breathed.

'Oh come on... Say something. Please' I begged.

'What did you say?'

'I didn't. But I'm going to say no. I mean I'm in a complete and utter mess at the moment. I'm pregnant in my teens but the answer isn't to marry. It would just be stupid. I'm years away from marriage pregnant or not' I shrugged.

'You can't marry him. He's an immature - and frankly stupid - idiot. To be fair theirs no way I'd even let you marry him' he snapped. 'Look at the shit he's gotten you into'

'No. I don't want to marry. That's just the point. I don't know what he was thinking?' I mumbled.

He sighed and sat back.

'Listen your my best friend Richard. But it would just be way too complicated. I mean with you being my best friends ex boyfriend, and then being my ex boyfriends best friend. It just would never be able to work out. John still hasn't punched you in the nuts for sleeping with me this time'

'It's your choice who you choose to sleep with Clara. You don't have to run everything by that idiot' he muttered. 'For once think of yourself. And anyway... I really like you, and so far I think this has worked out well between us' he shrugged.

'I know. That's just the point. I'm not accepting the proposal, because I don't want to marry him, but also because I don't like him in that way at the moment. Maybe one day... But for now I am definitely not wanting or going to marry him' I whispered, as I stood up and ran up the stairs. 'Why are you following me?'

'Because I want to make sure your okay. I would quite like to be your boyfriend and as my first boyfriend duty... I want to make sure that your okay' he said grabbing my wrist and pulling me into him. 'Now what's wrong?' He pushed cupping my face.

'It's nothing... Really. I just don't know how to know that I've made or that I am making the right decisions'

'You never know until you've lived through them Clara. I want to give this a good go. I want to give us a good go. If it doesn't work out after a month or so... Then we go back to being just friends. If it's weirder than we thought then we go back to being friends... When you call it - we'll just be friends' he shrugged.

'I don't want to just be friends Richard. I want us to be together, but I don't want to loose John as at least a friend and neither do you - no matter how much of an ass he's being at the moment' I pointed out.

'It's up to you Clara. It's always up to you'

'I don't want it to be up to me don't you see? I want someone else to make the decision for me. It's already bad enough that I'm making decisions for someone else - I want someone to help me' I whined like a child, as I felt lips on mine.

I pushed him away, spinning him round and pushed him into the wall, exploring his mouth, whilst unbuttoning his shirt.

It was as I did this that I knew what it was I wanted for now. Who I wanted for now. Maybe not forever, and maybe it wouldn't work out, but for now, this is what I want.

So I kicked my shoes off, as he kicked his off, and he pushed me into the bed.

He leant back as be straddled me and raised an eyebrow. 'Do I get to be on top for once?' He smirked jokingly whilst he stripped from his shirt and helped me with mine.

It wasn't in a creepy controlling way - more of - I couldn't withstand anyone else being on top, it reminded me too much of Felix.

'If you like, but I'm still fragile of this whole thing... So please be gentle' I whispered, stroking his cheek and going into kiss him once more.

- - -

'We should really stop referring to it is Richard Junior' I mumbled striking up some conversation. 'If it's a girl she'll never forgive us' I pointed out as we lay in my bed... Well on my bed. We didn't quite make it in my bed.

We always end up taking about her. And I keep mentioning it so that he will just get into his head that it might not be a boy.

'Hey maybe it could be Richardette or something?'

'That's not even a real name' I chuckled.

'Richard junior it is then' he scoffed. 'But Richardette could be a good name. If vouch to it'

'Mm' I said snuggling up, stroking his chest as he felt the baby kick again.

'Does it kick a lot?'

'Not really. It gets more and more active each day. It frightens me though, when it kicks it makes it more real. It makes the whole thing more real and my life suddenly becomes way more serious than I want it too be'

'You'll be fine' he assured me, re playing with my hair, and then kissed my forehead. 'I need to go' he mumbled into the kiss.

'What? You can't just shag a girl and leave. It's not very polite?' I smirked.

'In all fairness - I didn't exactly plan on having sex this morning as well' he chuckled but stood up, making me lie flat and naked on my bed while he looked for his clothes.

'Why do you need to leave in such a hurry?' I whined.

'I promised some guys from uni that I'd go on an activity day thing with them, and it's even more depressing because John's going on that same activity day. Either way... I have to go'

'Is it all night?'

'No. Tell you what' he said kneeling in front of me on the bed and handed me a top for some modesty. 'When I get home, I'll call and then you can come to mine instead of John's? No ones home tonight so we'll have the place to ourselves. We can do whatever we want' he said with a raised eyebrow.

'Fine' I mumbled kissing him deeply again not wanting him to leave right now.

'Clara I really have to go' he whined in my mouth.

'Fine. See you later then' I grinned, and laid flat on my bed for a moment, as he climbed out my window. 'Try to get along' I shouted but I don't think he heard.