Chapter 321 - "Set Backs and Big Changes Part II..."

Clara's PoV

'I'm Clara Oswald. I need to speak to Alex?' I asked as I entered the maternity ward with Richard.

'Clara. Your here? You know people are out looking for you' she pointed out.

'I know. Where are these forms for the scan?'

'Come through. We'll discuss the risks' she said, ushering me in.

'Richard comes to. I need the support' I smiled weakly, grabbing hold of his hand firmly and dragging him in, sitting on the sofa with a worried look on my face.

- - -

'To be honest I see no more danger in this scan than not having the scan. We just have to see if it was a one time thing or if there is an underline problem' she smiled.

'Where are they taking her?' John demanded, as they rolled her away.

'For the scan' I said appearing from the shadows and smiled at him. But I noted the confusion all over his face.

'Clara?' He breathed.

'That's me' I smiled, heading towards him, and looked at him.

I know the shock was written all over his face, and it was on mine too, but I just had to see. It's not like there's nothing there anymore, because there is. In some ways I still love him, but all the stuff he's done - not that I'm any better I guess. I've screwed him over more times than I can count. 'I'm here to stay' I smiled.

'God Clara. Everything your doing to me - it's like a really bad whiplash. One minute you want to give her up, the next minute you don't, but then you want me to look after her and then you don't. I'm so confused Clara'

'Yeah. I know. But I've talked things over with Richard and I want her to come home with me' I smiled, and I saw his face grow a smile.

'Thank Fuck. I thought you were never going to make the right decision' John yelled happily. 'But your moving in with me?' He questioned confused.

'No. No way. I know it sounds selfish but I'm not moving in with you when you've got a girlfriend. I wouldn't expect you to move in with me if Richard was living with me' I pointed out.

It was true. I don't want to make things any more awkward than they already are.

'Oh come on Clara... Do you know what your right. It would be complicated but I guess I'd make it work ' he sighed.

'I'm not moving in with you if you've got some hoe on the side. I'm not going to lay in the bed at night and listen to you Fuck some random girl in the room next to me. No way. I've been there with that before and I'm not doing it again'

'But I have to lay in bed and listen to you Fuck him? How is that fair?' He scoffed pointing harshly at Richard, who hadn't moved even an inch away from me throughout this whole conversation.

'That's not true'

'I've said this 1000 times now. I'm sick of the arguments. I haven't got anyone on the side. Lola is my actually girlfriend. She's not just someone on the side'

'She's living with me okay' I snapped walking away.

- - -

'We knew this discussion was going to happen sooner or later' the inspector said.

Alex had set up this meeting in one of the hospital meeting rooms.

Me, her, John, Richard. the inspector, two police women plus a man and a woman from social services all sat in the room looking at each other ready to make the decisions that needed to be made.

I'd made a lot of stupid and shitty decisions in the last few days and wanted to make then right now. I would blame the hormones but if I'm honest it was just me being a bloody idiot.

So I knew I wanted to make things right now and do this properly.

'He is to have no contact until she is 18. He can find her but I don't want him knowing anything about us' I said as she someone - I'm not sure who but everyone who was taking notes. 'And I want to be able to make John her legal Father. If it's okay with him I want him to be able to have legal status over her. We're going to do this together' I smiled having made all my decisions.

'The name still has to go on the birth certificate' someone else said. I think the man from social services.

'How long will it take?'

'It will probably take 2 months for the legality and formalities to go through for John to be her legal Father. By Christmas she can legally come under another name if you want... And that's probably for her own good. If he was to get out on bail - which is very unlikely considering he violated it before - it would be harder for him to find her'

'Then that's how I want it to be'

'You have to name her Oswald for these two months, but you could leave it to the last minute to name her'

'No'

'Huh?' John asked confused having been very quiet but I know he was very glad of my decision making.

'We're going tomorrow to name her properly. I won't have my Daughter wandering around nameless' I muttered. 'And then when she's ready for release... She's coming home with me. With us' I whispered.

I knew by John's face he was so shocked that I had said such a thing.

'Yes. She's coming home with me. More details to be discussed. We'll discuss them later. But I don't want Felix to have contact. You just can't let him' I mumbled looking down.

'Will she ever know about him?' John asked quietly as we left the room, and everyone was pretty much in agreement about what would come next.

'I won't lie to her. She'll know that she has her real Dad out there. But she won't know where. And she can ask questions but I don't know anything about him' I shrugged as if it was obvious... Which it really was. 'So even if she asks... I won't have anything to say - and she is never to know that she was the product of rape'