Chapter 358 - "Misery..."

Clara's PoV

I bashed my hand on the door again, so that it would get his attention, and when I got no answer I just walked back in.

'It's rude to slam the door Richard in people's faces. We can make this work. Please don't give up on this' I begged.

'Anyone would think that your after me for money Clara. This isn't a divorce'

'Money? What the Fuck? I've got plenty of money. Your just a good Dad to Autumn and I don't want to loose you from her life'

'And she won't. I'll still be around'

'So are you going to make my life a misery from now on?' I scoffed.

'Of course not' he said packing his bag.

'Why are you packing?'

'What does it matter? What difference does it make to you?'

'I still want to be your friend. I still want us to get on' I begged grabbing his wrist as he shrugged me off and I lost my balance.

'Just leave it Clara'

'Where are you going?' I asked again from the floor not even bothering to get up. I just wanted to stay on the ground now and curl up in a ball.

'Oh don't cry. You bought all this on yourself. You deserve to be alone' he snapped.

'You don't mean that do you?'

'Oh I mean it. I'll be back Autumn. You haven't done anything wrong I promise, and you might not understand all this right now - but you will one day' he said leaning over the basket and smiling at her tiny frame.

'Are you coming back?' I asked even though I knew I had no right to really ask, considering right now he definitely hated me.

'I'm going home Clara. Just leave me alone' he snapped again, slamming the bedroom door and leaving me alone.

- - -

'Come on Lil. She's your friend. Go and talk to her. She's upset' Douglas said to Lilly as they sat in the lounge. They had both heard the argument between Clara and Richard loud and clear. 'What if he had left Clara in that room for dead hmm? You should at least check'

'Leave it and leave her. I'm not interested' Lilly scoffed at Douglas as he decided to take it among himself to go and see how Clara was and how Autumn was.

He doesn't know Clara very well but he knows that it's very likely that when Richard gets angry he gets angry.

'Just leave it Doug. John will deal with her whining. If he wants her back. He's got her' Lilly snapped.

- - -

'Come on Clara. He'll come back' John mumbled into my hair as I curled up in his larger frame.

It was shocking how comfortable I was just laying here with him - what was even more shocking was how much I had actually missed it.

'He's right though John. What he said was right. Every time we sit in a room together your going to get jealous - and to be honest I wouldn't blame you. It's just not fair that I now don't get to see or talk to Richard alone anymore because I want to be with you'

'I'm not stopping you from talking to him' he promised, playing with my hair.

'That's a load of rubbish though isn't it? Because we've got even more history now than we had before. It's so frustrating. We've slept together John. Me and Richard - how could you ever trust us together again?'

'It's just something I'll have to get used too' he shrugged, kissing down my neck towards my mouth and clinging on tightly, forcing me to respond.

I felt his hands grab hold of my hips as my need for him and to be as close as possible to him became far more urgent in my moment of stress, causing soft moans to come from the both of us.

It was just becoming heated enough that I was going to start removing his clothes - when there was a knock at the door.

'Oops. Sorry. I would come back, but there's a two people for you in the lounge Clara' Douglas said covering his eyes, as I dropped my forehead onto John's chest.

'Can't I just have one minute? Can't you just tell them to come back later?' I begged.

'I would have done but I figured since it was the police - you might want to talk to them?' he mumbled.

'Another call from the police? I'm so sick of calls from the police' I groaned forcing myself up off the sofa, but something struck that if they were making a personal visit then it must be important.

- - -

'Miss Oswald. How are you?' Max asked, shaking my hand.

'I'm good' I lied. 'Well life's complicated, but otherwise I'm good' I smiled assuringly, but it just felt so fake.

'We've got some rather saddening news for you. It's quite awkward and we wasn't sure how to handle it, but it seemed like a good time to come around when we got a call for an assault at this address'

'What? An assault?

'Were looking for a Mr John Smith. We believe that he lives here?'

'Why? What has he done?'

'That's what we're hoping you could tell us?' He smiled.

Then a thought occurred. I knew he wanted payback, but why would he want to get payback like this? Why would he want to get payback by getting John done for assault?

'He didn't do anything. My ex boyfriend just misunderstood' I grumbled. 'I'm not pressing any charged because it was me that over reacted. Nothing happened'

'In that case well drop it but it still doesn't make what we're about to tell you any easier'

'What are you about to tell me?'

'It's about Mr Strachan...' 

'It always is whenever I see you' I mumbled, as Richard stormed in with his case in hand.

'Oh. Have you come to arrest him or something?' Richard scoffed happily as John came in the room too.

'What's going on?'

'Shut up the both of you' I snapped. 'What about Felix?' I asked, looking hopefully at Max for some good news.