Chapter 307 - "Distress..."

Clara's PoV

'When I've finally had this damn kid... I will be punching you so hard in the nuts' I snapped when John had finally arrived. 'Who in there right mind forgets to pick up their passport?'

'In my defence I had a lot to think about'

'I'll give you something to think about' I snapped again, clinging to his hand so tight I think he would have fainted given half a chance.

'So your in labour then?' He murmured shaking his hand in pain and muttering.

'She certainly is' Richard scolded, from the other side of the room, thankful to be able to feel his hand for a moment. The last few hours had been on and off contractions, so on and off pain - for me and for his hand.

'No. I just thought I might spend the next hours of my life in agony'

'Could you stop being mean? I'm here now so what's the problem' he shrugged as I shook my head.

'Yeah, I guess you are' I muttered as he sat down on the bed.

'Does it hurt?'

'Does it hurt? Are you serious. She's in Fucking labour. Of course it hurts' Richard snapped at him for being so inconsiderate. But he was only asking.

'When I actually have a contraction yeah. But their not very often at the moment. Only about every 20 minutes or so. I guess their going to get worse' I mumbled, as a nurse came in to check everything again. 'They say I'm only 4 centimetres dilated and there's nothing they'll do until in at least 8'

Alex came in not too long afterwards to have a chat.

'She's still okay?' John asked desperately looking for some actual answers.

'Everything looks fine. I'm a little worried about your blood pressure but not too worried. If it gets any higher then we'll talk' she smiled, as more pain over took me.

'When can I have the drugs?' I snapped desperate now. I know the contractions were only 20 minutes at the moment but they were going to get worse and I knew it.

'It's too late now Clara. Your well into labour. Gas and air is your best option right now' Alex said making me want to cry.

'Please?' I begged looking John in the eye desperate for some comfort right now.

'Come on Clara. Your getting yourself stressed out. There's no point going into distress about it' she said as John soothed me and sat down next to me on the bed. 'It's all going to be okay, I'm here now and we're going to get through this together. Before we know it the little toad will be born' he said.

As nice as his words were. They were making me feel even more distressed.

- - -

'I'm just going to check how far gone you are' Alex said to me but I didn't even care because I felt the blinding pain crashing down on me in another contraction.

I swear the minutes were going on forever.

'Ow, ow, ow' I cried again.

Everyone was trying their best to be comforting but it wasn't really helping too much.

Everyone kept taking it in turns to come in the room, from Richard to Jane and had a phone call from my Dad, but everything they were saying to me I think was making me feel a lot worse.

'Hey Clara' Lilly smirked coming back in the hospital room. Seeing as it was 8 o clock at night now I was surprised she was even here.

'What are you doing here? Go to bed' I grunted.

'How you feeling?'

'Agony' I snapped.

'You look great' she said in a mock tone.

'They're coming every 10 minutes ish now. It's starting to happen Lil. This is actually happening. I'm having a kid'

'Hey. I know your scared but it's all going to be okay'

'Oh come on. You can't tell me that. You've never had a kid Lil. You've never had a kid, you've never actually been through child birth' I pointed out a little annoyed by the fact that people kept telling me that it was going to be okay. Even if it was - it didn't feel like it was and being told that wasn't helping me feel any better.

By the time 9 o clock had come around everyone was in here and I felt like an exhibit in the zoo.

'There's way to many people in here. Where's the Father?' The nurse asked. I whimpered from that contraction. I didn't want to be giving birth with all these people in my room anyway.

So I was relieved for her to kick them out, but Richard just went back to his seat in the corner where he's been sitting for the last 24 hours.

'Me' John said piping up from his exhausted space on the chair, as I crushed his hand again. 'Potentially'

'Ow' he said with a distressed face about all this but was trying to stay calm.

'I'm. So- sorry' I breathed.

'It's fine. That's what I'm here for' He mumbled.

I threw my head back on the pillow sweating, looking an absolute state. 'I can't do this' I cried looking straight at her.

'Your young. I promise you, you can' the nurse assured. 'Try and get some more sleep. In a few hours you'll be well into child birth and they'll be no going back' she smiled.

'I'm already there for fucks sake. Oh god' I breathed.

Richard jumped up then and stood with John as they both looked at me.

'I can't stand this dude. I hate seeing her in so much distress' Richard mumbled.

'I know me too. I just hope it's over soon' John whispered back then looked at Richard. 'Could you go be by her side? I need to go and see Lola'

'What the hell is she doing here?'

'She's my girlfriend, and my ex girlfriend is having my baby'

'We hope' Richard scoffed back, stepping towards Clara.

'It's okay, your going to be fine. You can do this Clara. I promise you can' Richard said pushing a strand of hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead. 'It will all be okay in the end' he smirked, as I crushed my mouth on his and ended up biting his mouth really hard.