Chapter 267 - "Description..."

Clara's PoV

'Have you got the police out? Please tell me you've got the police out looking for them?'

'They haven't been missing for long enough to send the police out. We've contacted them, but they may have just gone straight home' Billy the activity advisor stated.

'Why would they have done that and not called anyone? Richard promised he would call me when he got out of the forest, and he hasn't. It says that his phone is unavailable and that it isn't even turned on' I panicked.

'We can't and the police won't send out anyone until it's been 24 hours that they are missing'

'I don't understand where they could possibly be and why they're together... Why would they have got split from their teams?' Lilly mumbled.

'Both their teams returned at half past 4. And they haven't yet come back. The only thing I can think of is that something has happened. I just hope they are okay' Billy said.

'Look if your not sending anyone out to look for them... Then I'm going to look for them' I said zipping up my jacket and finding my gloves. It might be May but it gets cold at night.

'Clara you can't... It's dark, it's freezing. You can't go out there. It won't be safe'

'You just said it's cold and it's freezing. What if they are stuck somewhere and waiting for people. That's the Father of my child and my boyfriend. We have to find them' I said headed to the door.

'Okay. Stop. I'll send a couple of my men out with you. You can search for a few hours but then you come back and sleep, and we continue the search in the morning' Billy convinced.

'Fine' I mumbled as he handed me and Lilly, a rucksack, water and some torches.

'We stay together. No one moves away. Nobody separated. Jane you stay here in case they come back to base' he instructed.

'Clara this isn't a good idea'

'I don't care Lilly. I have to find them. I can't and won't just leave them out there all night' I mumbled, as we led out.

- - -

'Come on. We must be able to persuade the police to come out? We can't just leave them out there all night' I said starting to get really worried.

We got back to the base, and they were all planning on calling it a night. 'We can't just leave them out there' Lilly agreed with me.

'I'll try the police again. They said they can do something after 6 hours and it is 10 o clock now. So we might be able to get them out'

'If they're injured or stuck, we have to get to them' I cried.

'Clara sweetheart, there's nothing that we can do. We just have to wait the night out' Jane said.

'I can't just sit here and hope for the best. There must be something we can do' I mumbled to Lilly as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

'They'll be okay' she assured. 'They've got each other' she said trying to make me feel better but them two being out in the middle of the forest together does not assure me at all.

'That's exactly what I'm worried about Lilly. If them two are out they're together in a near death situation then the chances are that they will beat each other up before we get to them'

'Woah. You jumped quickly. Near death seems a bit extreme? Maybe they've just got lost and decided to sit down for a bit. Chances are they're just fine. I can't promise that they won't use this opportunity to punch each other a couple of times - but near death seems a little extreme'

'Then why haven't they answered they're phones? Richards isn't even on' I mumbled, strolling through my phone trying to now get hold of John.

'Maybe his phone died?'

'What if they aren't even together? What if they had an argument... Split up... And then got injured in two separate places?' I gasped at just the thought.

'Don't think of it like that' she said rubbing my arms.

- - -

'Were going to need some descriptions of them. We put an ad in the local news earlier on your request but we don't have names or looks' a police officer said looking at the three of us.

We were the only three people here that really know them well enough to give descriptions.

'John, he's my Nephew. He's 19. Quite tall. Brown out of control hair, and skinny as a twig'

'Any idea what he was wearing?'

'Jeans to my recollection. And a fleece. But that's all I would have really noticed' she admitted.

'And the other one?'

'Richard? He's 18. He was wearing jeans and a polo top when he left my house this morning. I don't know if he changed though? He's quite tall as well but a lot more bulky than John. A little shorter than John I guess'

I really wanted to just have them both here so I can know that they are both okay.

'Right. We'll try to get a search out but in the dark we can't promise anything' she smiled. 'Try not to worry too much. Worrying just makes things so much worse' she said standing up.

'How can I not worry? My Fucking boyfriend is stuck somewhere or lost somewhere out there with his best friend that might potentially kill him given half a chance and she's telling me not to worry?'

- - -

The hours ticked by until it was 2am and the police were still out looking for then.

I didn't feel too assured when they had found some blood by the river bank, but it doesn't mean that it's either one of there's.

What was the most concerning was when they came back and handed me a phone - and the reason his phone was off started to make sense.

'That's Richards phone. It's been dropped in a puddle of something. It's got water right the way through it' I sighed clinging to it.

'Your sure? Because it was at the river bank by the blood, so they could be connected?' She said sitting down in front of us again.

'We have to consider that something might have happened which is why they aren't answering' she said sadly.

'Are you suggesting that they're captured or some thing? Because I don't think that's where they are' I snapped refusing to believe any of this.

I know they're out there somewhere. They just need to find them.

They just need to try a bit harder.

I went to open my mouth before I noticed someone come through the door.

My eyes widened when I saw them but sort of sighed a little in relief at the same time. Then freaked out again all in the same breath and stare.

'John?' I whispered as he collapsed onto the chair in front of him. And I noted just how he was.

He was covered from head to toe in mud. Had blood on his face and was limping.

'Wait John. Where's Richard?'