Chapter 313 - "The Incubator..."

Chapter 313  - "The Incubator..."

Clara's PoV

'Oh my goodness. She's beautiful' Julie said and John smiled, admiring the baby girl from the incubator once again.

'This is Autumn' John said.

'You've named her?' Jane asked.

'Yeah' he said. 'Clara wouldn't listen... But chose a name eventually' he said proudly.

'John' she warned.

'I know what your going to say but I think she looks like an Autumn. And like she justified, she was born September 1st and that's technically the first day of Autumn'

'So if she was born a few hours before you would have called her Summer? Is that what your saying?'

'Mm. No. She doesn't look like a Summer' Richard said.

'Anyway Clara chose it in the end. It was up to her' John shrugged. 'Her names Autumn. End of story'

'She's amazing' Julie said pushing her hand into the incubator and stroked her little cheek.

John stared at the baby in the incubator and smiled but couldn't escape it.

He couldn't deny it.

'What's wrong?' Jane asked as it was just them left in the room to admire little Autumn.

'She looks like Clara' John sighed.

'And?'

'She doesn't look anything like me. She's not mine' John puffed sadly.

'We don't know that. Don't drive yourself crazy. She could be yours. And it really doesn't matter - she's got 10 little fingers and 10 little toes. Nothing else really matters'

'Clara says she'll always be ours but I just don't see it. What happens if she isn't mine? What do we do then?'

'Have you not discussed this?'

'No''

'Then I guess we just have to wait and see what happens'

- - -

'Please Clara, just come and see her. You don't have to touch her or even talk to her, but please come and have a look at her. She is your little girl ' he begged.

I really, really didn't want too, and I didn't have too if I didn't want too. I don't know why I was being so damn stubborn.

She is my Daughter.

'I'll think about it. But not right this second' I said.

'Okay. Well I've bought a few bits in for her. Couple of teddies that me and Richard bought. They're getting sterilised as we speak plus the little moustache onesie' he smirked.

'Where is Richard?'

'If I get him will you speak to him? Will you tell him what's wrong? What your worried about? Because you guys have a relationship I will never understand but you seem to trust him?'

'I guess. Not that there's not much to say that you haven't already' I shrugged, as he left the room and Richard came swanning in with a massive grin and a picnic basket.

'Woah. You came prepared? Someone must have tipped you off that the foods shit?' I joked lightheartedly.

'Didn't need to be tipped off. I spent two weeks in hospital remember? That was shit' he smirked. 'I didn't know what you'd want... But I know that you love my toasties so I made one before I left and it's still pretty warm' he said handing it to me, as I pulled a bag of crisps out and settled into eating them.