Chapter 285 - "Home Sweet Home..."

Clara's PoV

'Put the box down Clara. No lifting' Richard said rolling his eyes. 'You know you shouldn't be lifting'

'What am I supposed to do? I cant fill the boxes up if I can't move them' I
huffed folding my arms.

'Then just be patient' he snapped as I stood up and started folding clothes into boxes.

'I spent the entire weekend lifting boxes last week - what's changed?' I scoffed.

'Well considering you spent all of Monday and Tuesday in bed with a back ache - a lot has changed. Put the damn box down and wait for me to take them out to the car. Your Dad will be here soon and will help anyway'

I ignored the comment really, and still continued lifting things. I knew I would pay for it tomorrow but I'll be home by then so it won't matter too much. I'll be able to sleep tomorrow away.

'You know I never thought I'd get to the end of 1st year. It's really weird that I didn't want to move in here 8 months ago and yet tomorrow I leave forever and don't really want too'

'Yeah. I feel like I spent more time in this room than I did in my own room across campus'

'Probably' I shrugged as Richard labelled the boxes. 'Haven't you got your own room to pack up?'

'No. I'm not moving out until Monday. Johns going to come get me and my stuff'

'Hasn't he got exams and stuff? I'm pretty sure he's still got another month of uni?'

'He has. But he said he doesn't really need to revise - which he probably doesn't - he'll probably get A grades without revision' Richard mocked.

'Knock Knock' came a sound from the door which was open. They weren't the first parents turning up to come and get things.

A lot of students were starting to move out considering we have to be packed up and out by the 1st of July.

'Gran' I squeaked running to give her a hug.

'Careful Clara, your not a weightless toddler anymore. I'm a frail old woman now' she chuckled, as I pulled away.

'Are you calling me fat?' I questioned pretending to be insulted.

Her eyes widened.

'Careful. Wouldn't want to start her off. Anything will start the crying off these days' Richard smirked. 'It's the hormones' he whispered.

'Who's the handsome young man huh?' Gran asked. 'I'm pretty sure your boyfriend was a lot scrawnier than that. This is what I would consider a man' she chuckled stepping forward to analyse him more.

'John's at uni. Revising I hope. This is Richard. I'm sure you've met him before but maybe you haven't. He's my boyfriend now' I shrugged taping up a box and handing it to my Dad.

'Well... He's a what I would call a real man' she said pushing her glasses up he nose, making Richard visibly uncomfortable.

'Ugh. Mr Oswald would you please tell her to stop lifting? Maybe she'll listen to you' Richard sighed.

'If she listened to me she wouldn't be pregnant' my Dad sighed rolling his eyes.

It's safe to say he wasn't best pleased. And the comment hurt considering that it's probably not even my ex-boyfriend who is the Father of my child - but I can't be asked to argue with him right now.

'Bit harsh Dave' Gran scolded taking a box from my hand.

'Would you tell your boyfriends to stop calling me Mr Oswald. I'm Dave. End of story. John still calls me Mr Oswald to this day' he said rolling his eyes.

'Your a bloody 70 year old woman - you can't lift them' I snapped.

'Oh hush now Clara. Let's go Dave' she said as my Dad picked up a box and headed out of the room.

- - -

I said goodbye to everyone I probably wouldn't see all summer and bye to everyone else, sorted out my paperwork, handed back the keys and headed for the car.

It seemed weird to be able to say that I've finished an entire year of university already. I literally don't know where the time went.

I couldn't have been happier though to see my bed at home, and have it made fresh and best ready for me to jump on it.

The Maitland's were still staying with much to my disgust - but Angie and Artie still have school pretty much everyday for July - which will leave me quite lonely through July.

Richards going to Mexico tomorrow to visit his Mum.

She's been AWOL since the accident in the forest. Nobody was able to track her down, until Louise talked some sense into her and Richard had been persuaded to go and visit. He was flying out for 10 days - but he was hoping to stay a little less if he could.

I was feeling a little depressed about that and wasn't sure what I was going to do for two weeks without him.

Lilly was going on a family holiday with her Mum and her Sister and had somehow managed to convince Crystal, her brother and sister to go with them.

I have no idea how she managed it but she did.

Which is why on just the third day of getting into the most boring routine ever, I decided to go to Adrien's.

Plus I had been left with John. It's awkward enough but listening to him and his new girlfriend go at it every night was not going to go well for me.

I realised as soon as I had left the house that he might be a school still but was thankfully on study leave.

I tapped on the door and smirked as he opened it.

'Clara Oswald. Your alive? I want my money back from that collection I'd started' he joked.

'Don't be an idiot' I smirked.

'Why the long silence? I mean you've obviously swallowed an elephant, but why didn't you visit?'

'I'm so sorry. The last few months have been pretty hectic. I just haven't had a chance to get back to you. I did text a couple of times though didn't I?'

'Yeah. I knew you were alive silly. Now come in. I've got loads to tell you' he grinned.

- - -

'Why didn't she tell me this at the festival?'

'She hated the uni. But you had bigger fish to fry. She'd already dumped fancying you on you and was depressed from that. Then she found out that Lilly was her cousin and dumped that on you, then you went and got yourself knocked up so her unhappiness was the last of your worries' Adrian shrugged.

'So she's coming to the same University as us? Seriously? In September we'll all be together?' I squeaked.

'Well not everyone' he said motioning down to my stomach.

'No. Not everyone' I suddenly realised.

'Either way Crystal is changing her course and starting as a 1st year with me. Well be in the same year which is just great. And it's better than having nobody to talk to'

'And your doing the same course as me though? Just a year behind?'

'Yeah. I can't wait to get into schools and start teaching' he smirked.

'Right come on. What exams have you got coming up?' I grinned as he handed me a cup of tea and sat beside me. 'But most importantly... Tell me about this guy'