Chapter 263 - "Stay Awake..."

Clara's PoV

'Just chill out dude. She'll find us. Clara will come and look for us' Richard said as he tried to look at things in a positive manor. At this point however he couldn't see a way out of this.

'Were stuck down a Fucking ditch. As if it's not bad enough that I'm stuck down here. I'm stuck with you' John limped.

Richard just ignored his stupid comments and put his head in his hands.

'What's up with you?'

'My Fucking head that's what's up' Richard responded. Neither of them realised before just how much blood there was surrounding him.

'Maybe you should sit up. Avoid more damage?' John suggested.

'Get off' Richard spat, clutching at his stomach.

'Richard just let me look' John panted.

'No. I'm fine. Worry about yourself'

'You hit the rocks Richard. Just let me look for gods sake' John said pushing Richard back down on the mud and inspected the head wound, which was bleeding faster than John could keep up with.

'Clara will find us. As soon as she realises we haven't come home they will come and look for us' Richard said weakly, closing his eyes. 'I promised I would call and wouldn't be all day. She's probably already looking for us' Richard said with hope - but was pretty much drained now.

'Dude don't close your eyes. You can't close your eyes. You have to keep conscious' John demanded moving Richards arms from their stuck position on his stomach and lifted the muddy shirt. It was annoying now that it was soaking wet because he could really do with some dry clothes.

He lifted the shirt anyway and looked from the use of the torch at the bruising the was getting worse by the minute. John wasn't stupid enough to not know that it was obvious some internal damage had been made.

It made the guilt build up inside him even more, knowing that he had caused this, and that he had asked people to make this happen.

He stood up, quickly removing his jacket himself, taking the wet shirt of Richards chest and zipping up his own dry fleece.

'Now you'll be cold you idiot' Richard said through the shaking.

'Don't worry about that. You just focus on keeping your eyes open, I'll work on getting us help' John instructed, standing up, and limping on the bad foot around the muddy ditch that they stuck were in.

'It won't work. There's no signal' Richard whispered.

'I'll make it work. You should be able to make an emergency call without service. If I can just get 1 bar. Then I can get in contact with Clara'

'There's no point in calling the emergency services. We have no idea where we are. Even Clara doesn't know exactly where we are. How are they supposed to find us?' Richard scoffed.

John wasn't willing to take that as the answer, so continued to wander the ditch, round and round in circles, trying desperately to get some signal.

- - -

'Dude please. Your making me feel dizzy' Richard suddenly panted, as John insisted on walking round and round in circles.

'Well I have to do something. You need to get to a hospital... Sooner rather than later. You've lost a lot of blood already. I'm not that stupid. I know you need medical attention'