Chapter 221 - "Festival..."

Clara's PoV

It rained for several more hours but we managed to get back to the tent before the real rain kicked in.

We then fought it out between us as to who would go and get the breakfast in the rain from one of the carts, but I pointed out that I have the paracetamol - so I wasn't going. It was a bribe really but I just couldn't be asked.

The rain did let up though by the end of the day, but the main aim was for it to stop by 2, cause pre concert was at 3.

'So your all hungover? Not one of you doesn't have a headache?' I questioned.

'Nah. We all drank a lot lady night Clara. You missed are all hoot. We chatted to some people in the tent over the way. There all students too and it was awesome. Everyone got so pissed. You should come tonight. It's there turn'

'I'm good' I smirked. 'I paid money to see people play, I will see them play'

'That's the best bit, it's an all nighter innit' Jack said.

'Like I said... I'll pass'

Drinking is great and the odd party is great fun - but it's just not the same when all your friends are so drunk they can barely see but you have to stay sober. It's more fun to just not go.

'Give me' I said lunging at the bacon sandwiches. I got half way through though and it started to taste vile anyway.

'Can I have it?' Lilly asked through a full mouth of food still.

'It's all yours' I said throwing it at her, then went to get some air. I changed into festival clothes - black skinny genes, shirt, and thin turtle neck jumper. Wrapped my white scarf around my neck and found my spare gloves.

I pulled my old boots on because I don't mind them getting muddy, and brown leather jacket.

'Awww. You should have your hair up more often Clara... Messy buns suit you'

'I was considering just cutting it all off - but then it would probably be more hard work. When your hairs short you can't just stick it up in a bun. You have to actually style and straighten it'

'Your not cutting it. You and long hair is so much prettier than short hair'

'Fine. Decision made... I won't cut it-- wait your not wearing heals to the main stage are you because I've been down there before its Fucking muddy'

'I know but there cute' she shrugged putting her leather jacket on.

'Fine. But I'm not giving up my boots again. I sacrificed them yesterday but not today in the mud' I pointed out.

- - -

'Oh my god I need a glow stick' Lilly squeaked dragging me towards the cart selling glow sticks.

'It's not fireworks night Lil' I said rolling my eyes.

I had been left to look after Lilly though the rest of the festival because the other three had split off.

It was quite funny actually because Jack and Crystal had hit it off together quite well and we're now getting drunk together. Lilly was still feeling bad about the previous night and didn't want to get that drunk again so she was sticking to me.

I guess it was nice really. We haven't actually spent that much time together alone since finishing school.

'Do you know what - actually I do want a glow stick. Let's have loads of fun' I said following right behind her and choosing out a glow stick necklace, and really hilarious glow stick glasses.

'Hey, they look awesome on you - course they would look cooler if you wasn't wearing actual glasses' she pointe four as we took a selfie together.

I was intent on making John really jealous by posting them to Instagram - because when we mentioned we were going and he couldn't come he was so upset.

He knows I'm only joking but even still.

'What do you propose? That I just don't see for the next few hours? I'd quite like go see the people that sing' I chuckled.

'Are you seriously that blind?'

'Genuinely. And I couldn't be asked to be faffing around with contacts with a compact mirror so just suffering the glasses for a few days seemed the easiest thing to do'

We grabbed a couple of bottles of water and some food then headed to get a good spot.

There wasn't any acts or groups that I recognised but it wasn't that kind of festival - if was more of a turn up and sing if you fancy it kind of festival.

We stood pretty near the front but sort of in the middle as well, and watched and sang along.

It was so much fun I had to admit.

Two days ago when I thought my life had ended I wouldn't have thought or even considered that I could be having this much fun, jumping up and down listening to some great music with my best friend not a worry or care in the world, but here I was - having the greatest time.