Chapter 289 - "Investigation..."

Clara's PoV

'Are you sure you want to do this?'

'I have too' I whispered, as we drew up to the police station. What Richard had said was right. I had to. I didn't want too not. But he had to get what was coming to him - and by him being here we can at least get a little more information off of him. Find a little more out about him.

'Well I'll be with you all the way' John assured.

'No you won't. You have to wait out here. We can't risk it. And if you know what he looks like let's be honest you'll so want revenge... So no. Your staying here. I won't be long' I smiled comfortingly.

'But--'

'No buts'

'Just stay here with the dog. As soon as we're done well go and walk him' I mumbled kissing John's cheek an climbing out.

- - -

'Come on through. Do you have any weapons or anything on you that could be considered a weapon?' The police woman asked, as I sat in a room with her, and she checked me down.

The room was grey.

Completely grey.

There was no colour to it. I just don't know how they can know it's him. Unless someone said something.

'We have a Mr Hickomborough here. Is it okay if he sits in?'

'Wait what? Ollie?' I said stunned looking up at her.

'Yes. It was him that we found him. He gave us the address and glad he did. There's more to him than you know. Everything will be discussed. He's coming in with his mother today'

'Wait Ollie is with his mother?' I asked so confused. 'Hold up. Go back. Can I see Ollie?'

'Not until after the consultation. We just want to have you and Felix in the room and discuss the future and then we'll get Ollie in. First things first we need you to confirm that this is the man that you believe to have raped you' she asked as I looked around nervously now. 'Don't worry, you'll stay on this side with Officer Max. He can't hurt you' she assured me.

I nodded as they opened the door, and it turns out it was Felix who was with his Mum.

I was stunned. Does a 25 year old man really need his Mum to fight his battles for him?

I turned to Officer Max and gave him a confirmation nod, to say that this was definitely Felix.

I tensed as soon as he came into the room, suddenly not wanting to be here anymore and was more than happy that Max had paper bags on him, because the chances of me vomiting in here or in the next hour were very possible.

I breathed deeply as he smiled at me and then turned to Felix, starting up the conversation and how this would all work.

'As you know Mr Strachan... Your on bail already, so would you explain why you decided to assault Miss Oswald hmm? What was it I that decided that she was your victim?'

'I didn't touch her. I mean I did touch her but it was all with permission and shit' he defended.

'We have three witness statements, plus Miss Oswald's proving you did indeed touch her. Three people watched you do this' Max said leaning forward. He clearly knew what he was doing with the smug officer look on his face.

I don't think he's supposed to take sides but it seemed like he was siding with me.

'Okay... So if you didn't see Clara that day... Then Where exactly were you then on the 10th of January? You said here you were at the club? What were you doing?'

'Drinking' he shrugged.

'At a student bar? Your not a student. Your on bail and so we know your not at university' he snapped.

'Why is he on bail?' I asked in a quiet voice.

'Your not the first victim Miss Oswald, otherwise I cannot divulge anymore information' Max said apologetically. 'So you left the club and went to the park alone correct?'

'Yeah' he said but there was a hitch in his voice all of a sudden. It seemed like lifetimes ago that this happened, but in reality was only 6 months ago.

'But we have 3 witnesses from that evening claiming you left the club with Miss Oswald'

'She was pissed. She would tell you anything. She fell into the curb and hit her head' he muttered, trying to think coherently.

'How did you know she cut her head if you wasn't there with her? Because that isn't in your statement but somehow in everyone else's? And how did she break 3 ribs if she just "fell" into the curb?' Answer me that' Max said. It was as if he knew he had won.

'Whatever, yeah I was with her but it ain't my fault she got like that. She wanted it' he said.

'You realise that's the third time you've changed what happened. That's the third time your story has changed? I think we're done here' Max said stepping to the door and beckoning someone else in.

'Wait, I don't condone what my son has done but we need to think logically here. He only attacked her. Nothing happened' his mother piped up, making Maxes and Felix's eyes widen.

'What did he tell you happened?' I asked.

'That he met you. And that he hit you. There's no need to press charges. He's a good kid' she said looking around the room at everyone's confused faces. 'Am I missing something here?'

'How do you plead Felix? Want to answer that question?' Max said.

'Just let them arrest me Mum' he mumbled.

'No. Your innocent' she said standing up, as I got really stressed. The fact that she was moving was making me feel sick, and looking felix in the eye when he seemed like such a normal guy sitting in a room with his Mum made me want to gag.

'I can't do this' I whispered looking anywhere in the room pleading for help, and a way out.

'Just a few more minutes' the officer begged me knowing that he was getting somewhere.

'Nope. I'm going to be sick' I said having nodded but realised breakfast was coming back up again.