Chapter 378 - "Social Services..."

Clara's PoV

'Clara. Phone' John yelled, as I was out in the common room with Autumn rolling around.

'Well answer it then' I yelled, running in.

'Well I did. And they're asking for you' he said rolling his eyes, and handing me the phone.

'What was the point in answering it if your just going to give it to me anyway?' I mumbled, standing up. 'Hello?'

'Hi Clara. Officer Max here. Are you busy?'

'Umm, no. Not that I know of'

'Any chance you could pop into the police station? I've got social services here that would quite like to talk to you' Max said.

Was I ever going to get away from all this crap? I mean don't get me wrong - I'm glad I did it all by the book and did get social services involved. I'm just a bit depressed about it getting in the way of my life.

I just wish it would be over.

I know that Felix has been or for at least two weeks. I know he's out and is probably around. Mainly the reason I won't go out on my own with Autumn.

'Yeah. Well come in now' I sighed, hanging up and looking at John with Autumn bouncing in his arms.

'They want you to go in I'm guessing?' He said so blaze.

'Yeah. I need o go in and have a chat. Not sure why completely. But I'm going in' I sighed, picking my scarf and jacket up, then knocked one Richards door.

'What?'

'You busy?'

'No'

'Can you watch Autumn for me please?'

'Sure' he nodded. 'Umm. Why?'

'Police station have called us in. Don't know why. Don't want to take a baby' I shrugged, handing her over after kissing her forehead. 'Be a good girl for uncle Richard' I smiled, taking hold of John's hand and leading him out.

- - -

'What?'

'He signed over the rights two weeks ago. He has not rights legally towards Autumn'

'Why would he do that?' I mumbled nervously. There had to be more to it.

'Who knows' Max shrugged. 'I'm sure he has his reasons. But it means if he gets in touch - it's illegal. There's nothing he can do now until she's 18'

'This is all just crazy' I mumbled, placing my head in my hands, and then looked back up. 'Why are you here?' I questioned looking up at the social services woman.

'Umm. Well we have some forms to sign. There's quite a lot of paper work involved if you want to make someone else the father. It's not something you can just do. There has to be a reason behind it' she sighed.

'There is a reason behind it. John is the best boyfriend I've ever had. Even if we had a terrible break up tomorrow - I would still want John to be Autumn's legal father, I have my reasons. It's what I want' I mumbled.

'And is it what he wants? He would be responsible for legally supporting her. Finding money to her. Helping you with funds for her'

'She should have been his Daughter' I scoffed.

'Call him in' Max smiled at another police officer who appeared with John, who just ran towards me and grabbed my forehead.

'What's wrong? What's happening?' He panicked. He seemed a bit sweaty now and earlier about the whole thing actually.

'It's a long story' I sighed.

- - -

'You've got 10 days to change your mind John. After that it becomes legal' she smiled as he squeezed my hand some more.

'That's what I want' he assured. 'I want it to be legal'

'Really?' I whispered.

'Of course. She's mine now. She's ours' he chuckled, as he took the pen and signed the piece of paper - filling out all the required forms, then handed me the pen where I hovered over the dotted line.

'If you have any doubts Clara - now is the time to speak up' someone said at me as I thought about it.

I wasn't having second thoughts - I just feel like once it's done and official there's no going back and I don't want John to be stuck in this situation if he doesn't want to be.

'Are you sure John? I really don't want to put you in a compromising position that you don't want to be in' I mumbled.

'Oh I'm in. This is completely what I want Clara - I would have signed it if I didn't want this. I wouldn't have got to all the lengths that I did with Felix if I didn't want th---' he cut himself off and I have him a look.

'What do you mean?'

'Nothing. Nothing. Just umm. Ill tell you later' he mumbled as I signed the paper work and followed him out of the police station with other paperwork in hand.

- - -

'What did you do?' I snapped as I slammed the front door. I spotted Lilly round the corner with Autumn in her arms but suddenly she must have heard the shouting and walked away again.

'I didn't do anything wrong Clara. I helped out and I won't apologise for that' he scoffed.

'What. Did. You. Do?'

'I paid him to Fuck off. What's the problem? He was going to try and find you Clara. You don't want or need him in your life and getting in the way, I didn't do a bad thing, I gave him moment and he fucked off' John snapped.

'We were doing everything right John, what if he comes back looking for more money?' I said slumping onto the sofa and putting my head in my hands.

'He can't. He can't come back Clara because he can't legally get in contact with you. He signed over any rights. I just had to make one promise'

'Oh just brilliant. Your making the Fucking decisions for me now are you?' I said pushing him away.

'Your forgetting that I have just signed to have legal rights over Autumn Clara. I provide and make decisions for her as well now' he mumbled.

'What was the agreement?'

'That Tina be allowed to see her from time to time. For a miserable and disgusting bastard - he seemed pretty caring about his mother'

'Because his Mum is a nice woman who had done nothing wrong'

'Look don't take this the wrong way Clara - but I did nothing wrong, he's gone. He's not coming back. You don't need to worry about him for 18 years and if he does come back then you get in touch with the police. I'll give him more money. Whatever it takes to meek Autumn safe'

'Why?'

'Because I would do anything for you Clara. I love you and I love Autumn. Like it or not she's my daughter now as well' he smiled, cupping my face.