Chapter 207 - "Fighting back..."

Clara's PoV

Richard stayed with me that evening until everyone came back.

We went for dinner on campus after I had cleaned myself up a bit and we even stopped by the campus shop to get some popcorn and coke to drink.

He promised we could watch Star Wars which amongst everything I was a little tiny bit excited about, and snuggled into my bed to watch.

He was wandering my room, setting up the laptop, and finding blankets when he pulled the box of the side. 'Clara this box is full. The nurse gave you enough for four weeks but this box - you've only taken these tablets twice?'

'They were giving me nightmares' I lied.

'That's not what's giving you nightmares Clara and you know it. If you were so afraid of sleeping alone - why didn't you just call me? I would have come and slept on your floor, anything is better than seeing you in pain'

'That wouldn't be fair though would it? You on my floor while I got some sleep? It wouldn't matter anyway. It wouldn't make any difference. I'd still have the nightmares. It wouldn't stop me thinking about him.'

'I would have helped. Come on Clara. Your not alone now. Just take one. It's no wonder your still in pain'

I shook my head stubbornly, there was no way I was taking them.

- - -

I was completely shocked when John turned up that evening earlier than I anticipated. He wasn't due to come until tomorrow.

'Am I interrupting?' He smirked.

'No. Sit dude. We're watching star wars' Richard beamed, as John kicked his shoes off and stole the popcorn.

He sat on the bed and I moved away from him and a little closer to Richard. He didn't seem the slightest bit bothered by this movement, and just threw popcorn at Richard instead.

'What are you doing here early?' I asked shuffling away from him and sat on my pillow.

'I thought I would surprise you. Turns out you were nerd cheating on me with Richard'

I winced at the word.

Theoretically I hadn't done anything wrong, I hadn't cheated but maybe he wouldn't see it that way. He might think that I'm disgusting and it's completely inappropriate that I couldn't stop it from happening.

'I'm going to go yeah? You okay Clara?' Richard asked and I nodded.

I wasn't.

I didn't want to be alone in case John wanted to have sex. I mean he's not really the type of guy to force me into that kind if situation - but I can't deny sex forever.

'I'm fine' I promised.

When John came back he shut the door and grabbed my laptop. 'Wanna watch another?'

'Umm. When you say watch another - do you actually mean it? It's not a euphemism is it?' I asked awkwardly.

'No, I didn't mean to imply anything. I promise' he said leaning in to kiss me, which I sort of let him peck my mouth and leaned away.

'Are you okay Clara? You seem - different?' He asked worriedly.

'I'm fine. Just had a stressful week that's all. I'm just not in the mood you know?' I shrugged.