Chapter 365 - "DIY Disaster..."

Clara's PoV

'What in gods name is that?' John scoffed looking at the box of Flatpack's furniture on my bedroom floor.

'The cot'

'Why is it still in the box?'

'Because it needs building' I pointed out. 'Why are you asking stupid questions?'

'Are you going to build it?'

'Nope. You are' I smirked, jumping up on the bed and hugged him from behind, wrapping my arms around his neck.

'Me? I fricken hate Flatpack's' he whined.

'Once we get back from shopping. Your building it' I smiled persuasively.

'That cute smile isn't going to work on me Clara' he said rolling his eyes.

I pouted then had an idea and moved Autumn so that she was sat up uncomfortably on my lap and moved her arms around. 'Please uncle John, I want my cot'

'Oh please. That's not going to work Clara'

'Fine. I'll just wait until Richard gets back from Mexico. He'll do it' I said, flicking my hair off my shoulders and places Autumn in the buggy.

I knew by the way he had gone silent and suddenly started browsing through the instructions that, that excuse had worked.

It sounds awful to say it but it's all about his manhood at the moment, and so I know he would do anything to prove that he's more of a man than Richard - which quite honestly he isn't - and building a bit of Flatpack's furniture was not going to solve that.

- - -

'How many more shops are to going to drag me round?' He complained sitting in what I like to call the old man chair - typically aimed at those men who cannot walk more then 5 meters without whining like a kid.

'Not many. I just need to find the perfect top costume for Autumn. I want her to look amazing at this party' I said absolutely adamant.

'Why is she coming again? A baby at a teenagers party just doesn't seem like a very good idea?'

'Because she'll look insanely cute and you can't deny that' I scoffed.

'But a baby around drunk teenagers? If just seems like a terrible idea to me' he mumbled.

'Well I want her there' I scoffed browsing through the very cute little outfits that they had on offer in Primark.

It was hilarious how awesome some of them were.

There was tiny witch baby grows. A spider, or even a sexy nurse for a baby. 'Think fast' I grinned throwing a plastic spider at John, while he tried for the life of him to work out the instructions.

I could have easily done it myself, but I have essays and things to do and he has a lot of free time.

'Shouldn't you be working?' He scoffed after freaking the hell out that it was a real spider, and scoffed starting to count the screws in the bag.

'Possibly. But it's hard to concentrate on the development of a child's brain over 10 years when all I'm getting in the background is several swear words and the odd where is the first aid kit?'

'I am not that bad. I will build this Fucking cot if it kills me' he mumbled, completely determined on this fact.

'Well I taking a study break'

'You don't even deserve a study break. You've not done any studying' he scoffed.

'I've done loads'

'You've been sitting there for two hours now... How many words have you written?' He asked with a raised eyebrow about to prove his point.

'6. And even then 6 words are the question' I shrugged.

- - -

'Ugh. My brain hurts' I whined, as I threw my laptop down and stretched out over the sofa, then looked up at Lilly's concentrated face.

She had her tongue sticking out of her mouth, as she concentrate on whatever the hell she was writing.

'You nearly done?' John asked as he wandered out of the bedroom but shut the door behind him.

I knew that I was going to be buying a replacement cot this weekend and would have to wait until Richard comes back.

I was regretting asking John in the first place.

Lilly and I had been sniggering out here when the swearing began, and then cracked up over the edge when bits of wood stated flying around the room.

I managed to keep a straight face when he came out looking for a plaster because he had stepped on a screw, but Lilly laughed extremely loudly at his clumsiness.

'Nearly. I've managed to bash out 1600 of 2000 words. So if I can just get this damn conclusion done then all I'll have to do is edit it' I said, with quite an organised little plan.

'Where are the--'

'The bandages? In my room. Bottom draw of my desk' I smirked, trying to keep my giggles contained but it was becoming rather impossible.

'Stop laughing' he whined.

'We can't help it. It was a simple cot john'

'Not as simple as you think actually' he mumbled wandering to the kitchen and I took this opportunity to run in to my room, and gasped at the mess.

'Johnn. My rooom'

'I'll clean it up'

'You'll replace the cot' I snapped.

'I will. Promise' he said pouting that he couldn't do it. 'It was just so complicated. It took me 40 minutes to realise I was reading the instructions in Portuguese. It's no wonder I couldn't understand it'

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, as he held my waist. 'I don't understand? You took the wardrobe apart with my Dad?'

'No, he took it down and I passed him the occasional screwdriver' he shrugged.

'It's okay. I still love you' I assured him, leaning up on tip toes to kiss him again, which I have to say was so nice to be able to do.

'Ugh. Please don't make me vomit guys'

'Shut up Lil' I said rolling my eyes.

'I ship you guys as a couple but I have not missed the gross flirting and unneeded touching in public'