Chapter 275 - "Cheese..."

Clara's PoV

'Oh come on Clara. Don't be like that' John said yelling after me and hobbled behind me.

I managed to slip away from him when I sat down at one of the tables in the cafeteria. I had no choice. She was kicking like crazy.

'Clara please just let me talk. Just for a few moments hear me out' he begged, as he sat down opposite me at the table.

'You've got 5 minutes before I leave'

'Are you hungry? Come on. You must be hungry? Why can't we just talk about this like adults?'

'Fine. I'll be in Richards room. Get me a toastie and then we'll speak' I muttered heading back to the room. Richard was only just about awake, but he sat up and looked at me. 'He's coming to talk. I can talk to him. I can do at least that' I muttered.

- - -

'Here. Eat this. Drink the tea. And we can talk properly' John said.

'I wish I could eat that. It looks really nice' Richard mumbled.

'Why can't you?' John asked

'Not ready to stomach or eat full solids yet, stuck on rich tea biscuits for now' he mumbled as I took a bite. It tasted pretty good for the first couple of bites. But then I started to feel queasy and I  didn't even know why until I looked in between the bread. 'Ugh'

'What?' Richard said looking up from the deck of cards him and John had settled in to.

It was weird how they could just settle back into a friendship when I still wasn't sure that John hadn't tried to kill him.

I wrinkled my nose and bolted up. 'God there's a lot of cheese in that' I said as I hopped into Richards hospital bathroom and gagged for my life.

'Sorry. I didn't know cheese made you sick' he said through the door.

'Is she okay? Practically all dairy products except for yoghurt make her sick' Richard mumbled, as he jumped from the bed, but almost collapsed.

Thankfully John caught him, and helped him sit back down. 'I have to help her. She's vomiting' Richard snapped.

'Stay. Jesus you really do care don't you' John mumbled, stepping inside the bathroom and pulling my hair out of my face.

The vomiting didn't let up for a while.

The up chucking continued for quite some time - but it normally does when I eat something that doesn't agree with me. 'Clara I'm sorry - I didn't know that cheese makes you vomit honestly' John said rather guiltily.

'It was my fault' I spluttered leaning my head on the cool toilet dish. 'I should have realised that there was cheese in the toastie. When Richard makes them at home he just uses ham and chicken. He never puts cheese in them anymore' I whispered pathetically.

All I wanted now was to take a nap. That much vomiting really takes it out of me.

I stood up with a little help from John, and wandered back into the room.

'Sorry about that' I grunted.

'Sorry you had to vomit like that' Richard said looking a little sorry for me.

'If you guys don't mind - I'm going home. I feel sick still and really tired' I said picking my bag up, kissing Richard and leaving.

But once again John caught up with me.

'I would offer to drive you home but I can't exactly drive at the moment much to my distaste so I'll get the bus with you'

'I don't need escorting home. I'm more than capable of getting the bus alone'

'I know. But I want too' he said. 'And I still want to have that chat'

- - -

'Ugh. Not today John. Please. I'm in no mood to talk. I'm just so tired for now' I said collapsing on my bed and pulling the duvet over my head so I couldn't be seen.

'That's actually what I wanted to talk about. It's just I feel like I miss out on everything' he said sadly.

'What do you mean? Your the Dad. You have a part in her life' I muttered.

'Really because you make all the decisions without me. Book all the appointments and have a schedule that I have no idea about. I didn't know you couldn't really eat dairy stuff. I didn't know that your struggling to sleep. I wasn't there when she kicked. I just feel so useless in your life'

'Your not uses less. If you want to be more involved - be more involved' I muttered, closing my eyes.

'Can I move in?'

'What?' I asked bolting upright.

'In fact no you move in with me?' He said making my eyes widen.

'What are you talking about?'

'You like your own space right? And with Angie in your room with you here - when you come home in July you'll be almost 6 months pregnant, huge and exhausted'

'I don't understand what your saying?'

'If you move in with me then you can have the spare room next to mine for the summer. Get your own space and I won't miss out on anything - plus Jane is trained in like medical stuff. Plus Richard lives there most of the time so you guys can spend all the time together you want'

'You want me to move in with you?' I asked trying to get my head around all this. I couldn't work out if this was a better or worse offer than the proposal.

'In July? After uni has finished for the both of us because I stay on an extra month'

'I don't know - this is kind of a lot to take in' I shrugged. This was making me even more exhausted.

'At least consider it?'

'I'll consider it and it doesn't sound like such a bad idea - it just seems a little crazy'

'I don't want to miss one more important thing and with you under the same roof as me until your due date - I won't' he shrugged, sitting closer to me on the bed.

'What do you say?' He asked.

'I'll think about it' I mumbled, and I would think about it that want a lie.

'And as for you and Richard...'

'Hmm'

'I don't want to get in the way, and I won't. If you guys want to be together then go for it. Just don't flaunt it in my face and it will be fine. I don't personally think it will work out but feel free to try'

'I don't need your permission to dates- but it does make me feel better. What changed your mind?'

'When you vomited earlier. He was in agony and jumped off that bed, he really does care about you' John shrugged, as I pulled him in for a massive hug.

'That means so much to me John'