Chapter 257 - "Love Me..."

Clara's PoV

I rolled over with a major headache, and felt instantly sick.

'Well here we go again' I breathed, pushing the bedsheets back and bolted for my bathroom. I thought I'd gotten away with the morning sickness.

I haven't vomited in 3 whole days. I thought maybe it was over - but evidently not.

I spluttered over the toilet and felt a presence in the doorway. 'You know. My Dad will kill you. If he finds out--' I stopped to splutter some more. 'If he finds out that you stayed. And your naked' I said before another splurge.

'I'm not naked Clara. That's just you' he smirked stepping in, in his underpants, and flushed the toilet, as I rested my cheek on the cool seat. 'And second of all Angie is at a sleepover, so it was all good'

'Ugh. That makes me feel loads better' I mocked. But actually it did. I could only imagine my Dad hitting the roof if we both slept naked while sharing a room with a 15 year old girl.

'Come on. Let's get you back to bed and dressed hey?' He chuckled, as I stood up and he handed me some clothes from my drawer.

Admittedly it was only shorts and a T-shirt but better than being naked.

'I'm starving hungry now' I muttered.

'Did I work you up and appetite? Good because you need to eat' he grinned, Un-bolting the door and running down the stairs straight through to the kitchen.

'No cheese' I yelled, staring at myself in the bathroom mirror. How the hell did I let myself look so awful?

I was as pale as anything, sweating. I don't know how he can find it attractive. I'm literally sweating like a pig, and smell like sick.

I violently brushed my teeth and headed down to where I could smell food, and to my relief and/or happiness, there was no cheese in sight.

'Here. Toastie. Ham and chicken. No cheese in sight' he approved, sitting down to eat the same thing. I didn't realise it was half past 12 that we were waking.

It freaked me out actually, that I had slept for so long.

We ate in a dignified silence.

I was emerged in my thoughts because it still hasn't escaped my notice that I had a proposal to answer too. Not that I wanted too because I already know the answer and it will break his heart, but I don't want to get married.

But then what if it is his kid? Would I be stupid to refuse such an offer?

'Clara' Richard snapped pulling me out of my thoughts.

'Huh? What?'

'You were miles away? I asked if you wanted to come to mine. I need to grab a few things and send them to Mexico for my sister'

'Huh. Yeah. Sounds fine' I muttered looking down.

'Does it? Because spending the majority of the afternoon standing in the post office just to send her some tops and shows does not sound like my idea of fun... But if that's what gets you excited'

'Oh. Actually standing in the post office sounds awful' I said realising what he said.

'What's up? You seem really pre occupied this morning'

'It has to be his kid Richard. It's his kid even if it's not... Doesn't it?'

'Woah. Where's this coming from? A bit sudden don't you think?'

'You asked me why I'm pretty occupied and I'm telling you. It has to be his kid' I said again fooling myself.

'Why?'

'Because there's no one else I'd rather have' I shrugged kind of very happy about that. 'He has a right to be annoyed that he wasn't there and that's mainly my fault for pushing him away but it's his baby no matter what' I said holding my stomach suddenly very protectively.

He looked a bit annoyed about that.

'What's wrong?' I asked.

'You really want him to be the baby's Father? I mean the man that six months ago told a girl that he wouldn't be there if she was pregnant. The guy that walked out on you when you told him you were pregnant. The guy that only turns up when he wants too!' He snapped.

'I love him Richard' I said suddenly regretting it. 'At least I think I do. I don't know anymore. I've got so much going on in my head right now' and the headache suddenly made sense.

'Love me' he said making my eyes widen.

'What?'

'Be with me instead. We're already as good as together. Who cares what he thinks? Because I don't. And you shouldn't either'

'I do Richard. But I will always love John as well. He was my everything for 4 years' I whispered.

'You can be in love with two people at once Clara. Don't try to deny it. I know I said I didn't have feelings for you and that sleeping together was just a one time thing again but it wasn't. Not to me' he admitted. 'Love me'

'Clara please' he begged. 'You seriously want him as the Father of your child? A man who cheats. Sleeps with everyone he fancies. Kisses girls. Runs away. Gets drunk at the first sign of trouble. Puts you through this? If there's one thing I've never done its cheat. And you know that. Even when I was with Lilly I never cheated. I can help you way more than him' he begged.

'Richard you've got Lilly. You love Lilly' I said but before he could even respond he kissed me.

'I will always love Lilly like you will always love John. But I just don't think I love her in the same way anymore. I've spent so much time with you and it's different. I don't mean to sound like a pathetic person, but I swear when we go out or spend time together - I feel it. I can feel a click'

'And I still feel that with John, Richard' I responded as he kissed me again.

As if we didn't do enough kissing last night?

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pushed closer to me in the moment.

He panted opposite until our breathing went back to normal.

'See. I can look after you way better than he can. All he's good for is Fucking everyone else. You two have broken up more times than my mother has had children' he mumbled.

That's not the point'

'It might be work out Clara. But can we please try? Please? I know you want too'

'Richard John proposed to me last night'

'You what?'