Chapter 297 - "The 'L' Bomb..."

Clara's PoV

'No. Put them here' I said standing on the chair and placing the banner where it should be going.

'Clara. What the Fuck, get down' Richard squeaked.

I've never seen him so tense. He's evidently not looking forward to meeting my family. He's practically sweating.

'Oh please. What's the worst that could happen?'

'You could fall and snap your neck and the go into an early labour, it could be a complete disaster' Richard snapped, taking my hand and assisting me down from the chair and demanded I sit down on the chair. 'Stay'

'In not a dog Richard. I'm pregnant but not a dog' I scoffed.

'Stay' he threatened, giving me a glare and left the room.

I didn't stay of course. I got up and started de tangling banners again, and deciding where they could possibly go in the room.

I was thinking maybe everywhere in the living room where people can mingle and then have a few up in the garden. The only positive at the moment was that the weather seemed to be holding up.

So it looked like the barbecue could go ahead.

I made my way to the back garden where my Gran was arguing with one of my Aunts about the whereabouts of the cake.

'John's picking that up at 12' I confirmed.

'What don't you understand about stay?' John said as if he genuinely thought I was actually going to sit still.

Him and Richard were clearly in cahoots.

'If he's getting the cake at 12... He won't be here when the party starts at 1. So George will have to start the cooking' Gran said methodically.

'Richard can use a barbecue too... Sort of anyway'

Who would have thought that a 70 year old woman could efficiently plan a 50th birthday party.

Some would say that my Grandmother would have disapproved of my life choices and the fact that I was pregnant at 19... But she had my Dad when she was 20. That's why she's 70 the day my Dad turns 50.

August 1st is his birthday and he literally goes to San Francisco tomorrow until September 20th.

I won't see him for 6 and a half weeks which isn't really a problem aside from the fact that I really wanted to go to San Francisco.

I was originally to go with him again but obviously plans changed because you can't fly after 5 months pregnant - but to be honest I don't think I would want to fly at 3 months pregnant.

'Can I please have an opinion on the banners?' I begged as I sat in my assigned chair that John nor Richard wouldn't let me move out of.

'Tell me where you want them and I'll tell you where you can put them' he said sounding stroppy now.

'Fine' I mumbled. 'Put that one over there, and then this blue one above the door' I demanded watching them hang them up. If it was down to me I would  have made them straighter but I can't be asked to argue with him now.

I feel to exhausted to care.

'Now stay. I'll be back in exactly 90 minutes. Do not even think about do anything ridiculous or straining' John snapped, then turned to Richard. 'Don't let her move'

- - -

'Clara' Richard scolded me.

'What? You don't seriously expect me to sit here while those banners aren't straight do you?'

'Yes. I do' Richard scolded grabbing my waist from behind and pulling me back. 'It's the control freak thing that I love about you' he smirked, cupping my face, as my eyes widened. 'I do Love you'

'Really?'

'Oh god. Fuck. It wasn't supposed to come out like that. Shit guys don't say it first' he scolded himself pulling away and disappeared inside.

'Richard stop. Don't go' I begged running after him, and grabbed his hand. 'Richard don't run' I said and noted that he had locked himself in my Grans bathroom. 'Come on Richard I don't want to say it back when I'm not looking you in the eye' I said standing against the door.

'It didn't mean to come out like that Clara. It's embarrassing. I was going to take you out. It should have been a moment. I wasn't supposed to drop the L Bomb at your Dads birthday party' he mumbled.

'Open the door Richard. Please just open the door' I begged again, as the latch unlocked. 'The last time you got this upset was when you broke up with Lilly. Please don't get upset'

'Can't we just forget it? Forget I said anything?'

'Why would I want to forget about it. I love you too' I admitted taking hold of his face now and smirking.

'Your not just saying that to make me feel better are you?' He pouted.

'No. Of course not. I mean it. I love you too, you stupid idiot, it's just taken me a lot longer to get there, but I am there. I promise' I smirked.

I already knew that Richard liked me that much, he's said it before but it was never so sure. So affirmed as right now.

'Now. All you've got to do is get through an afternoon with my family and then you can love me as much as you like' I grinned, taking hold of his bottom lip and started up a slow kiss.

'Eew gross. Can't you control yourself Clara. Eew' Angie said covering her eyes, as she stepped in the bathroom.

'I think you've just got to look at how fat she is to know that she can't control herself in the bedroom'

'Oops. Should have put the bolt across' I smirked looking up at Richard, sweeping across to the slam the door in her face and bolted the bolt across this time, then shifted back to Richard.

'Gross' she yelled in as we heard her turn around and start complaining to my Gran.

'We'd better go' I said wrapping my arms around his neck and he did the same around my waist.

'Mm' he said kissing my again. 'Maybe 5 more minutes' He grinned kissing me deeply once more.