Chapter 249 - "I'll Remember this time..."

Clara's PoV

'I never noticed just how close your room is to ours' I said as we headed up the stairs.

'Unfortunately I'm on the third floor so they'll be no window hopping... Not that John hasn't tried that one already... Because he did' he said rolling his eyes.

The last time I had been in Richards room properly was back in January. The day of the rape. The day he found me on the ground in a mess.

He realised this too because he turned to look at me frowning. 'We don't have to stay in my room if it brings back bad memories... We can always stay in a different room'

'I'll be fine' I assured. 'I try not to think about it now anyway... Not that I always have an option but I can't shy away from it forever' I said walking into his room and grabbing my bag. 'Do you mind if I get changed? Like I said dresses aren't that comfortable anymore and I'm not even 4 months yet' I whined.

'Go for it. I'll make tea' he smirked.

'God we've become one of those old people already. Drinking tea when situations get bad or awkward' I joked.

'Well it's not like we can switch you to booze is it? Poor kids in trouble when it's born as it is... Without being pissed. And anyway... Don't mock tea. Tea is good in stressful situations but your right it does do a good job at filling gaps' he pointed out.

'Were teenagers. 19 years old. We shouldn't be drinking tea and waiting to watch soaps' I yawned. 'Speaking of which... Do you mind if we watch Holby City? I really want to catch up' I asked.

'Go for it' he said as I pulled up Iplayer on his laptop then got changed into some far more comfortable clothes. I was more than relieved to have pyjama shorts and a thin long sleeved t shirt on. There so much more comfortable than any other clothes at the moment. I threw my leavers hoodie on and sat on his bed.

'You dressed?'

'Yeah' I shouted out as he came in and handed me the tea. 'Look at this. Watching Holby City and drinking tea on a Saturday night' he laughed

'It is technically nearly midnight so we've got half the student thing right. What's with all the metal in the corner?'

'It's ready for my model. After the Easter holidays at the end of April, we get to build a model in the last 6 weeks in May'

'Easters so late this year it's crap' I scoffed.

'To be fair it's just the Easter break next week. Easter itself was two weeks ago'

'I guess' I mumbled realising how shit the timetable was but we move out of uni like the end of June and come back in October so still get like 3 months off.

'Anyway it's not to scale but it's going to be so cool. If your not too busy you can help me with the sketches if you'd like'

'Oh my god yes. What you building?'

'The Golden Gate Bridge remember - San Fran. I figured it would be good fun to do. Complicated yet simple at the same time' he smiled, jumping up.

'Richard' I asked as he sifted through his wardrobe for some clothes.

'Mm'

'Can I have some of that cake?' I asked staring at it sitting on his desk, still in the packet.

'Go for it' he chuckled. 'Got a thing for cake have we?' He laughed once again jumping next to me on the bed and took a mouthful for himself.

'I can't help it. The food cravings are weird. Can't stand to look at a chicken right now but cake and I'm all about it. Doesn't really help that cake these days is about the only thing that makes me so happy'