Chapter 260 - "Last Night..."

Clara's PoV

'Where did they all go?' Richard huffed. 'Oh. Wait... Did your plan backfire? I'm sorry to inconvenience you but your friends have ditched you too' Richard scoffed. 'And it's no bloody wonder'

'They have not ditched me. We've got you away from your team, and they'll never be able to carry on without you. So you might as well forget about winning'

'Well you better had as well. Because if the whole team doesn't turn back up at the beginning then the team doesn't win. Or did your team not consider that?'

'Of course I considered that. I'll be with them in a minute' he snapped.

'Well then I'll follow you. At least I'll get to the finish line'

'Yeah and you'll end up on the winning team. That's all you want. You just want to win so that you can go and throw it in Clara's face and she'll be all over you' John scoffed.

'I don't need a victory to have Clara attention. Just looking after her is a good place to start. And anyway, you don't need anything to get Claras attention, she gives it without money' Richard said rolling his eyes. 'I don't need to buy her love like you do. I don't throw money at a problem and hope for the best'

'Whatever' he spat. 'Your not coming with me' John snapped, pushing Richards chest as he stumbled backwards a bit.

'What the Fuck is your problem with me? Are you really so jealous that your just going to keep pushing me away until you have no friends left?'

'My problem is you. You and my girlfriend'

'Your Ex-girlfriend. None of this would have happened dude if you had been able to control yourself. If you hadn't jumped into bed with whoever you felt like. Clara trusted you and you broke that. It's not even the fact that you had sex with Crystal John... That's all by the by. That wasn't too shocking. It's the fact that she could have been pregnant and you were going to run away from that'

'How the Fuck was I supposed to know she was going to be knocked up three months later? I can't see the future' John scoffed, trying to make it sound better but it didn't.

It just made him sound like more of an ass.

'Dude. That's not the point. You don't just support one girl and not another. If your going to sleep around without covering it up then you deal with the consequences' Richard pointed out.

'I would have done eventually' he mumbled.

'John... She was scared rigid that if she told you that you would beg her and pressure her into an abortion. Let alone tell you that it wasn't your kid. Why do you think she goes with the pretence that it "might" not be your kid?'

'That's not fair because I never would have made her get an abortion. What Clara wants Clara gets and that has always been the basis of our relationship'

'And have you ever considered that maybe she doesn't want that? She doesn't want this kid. She doesn't want to have a child John. She didn't want to have cancer and she certainly doesn't want you' Richard said pulling his phone from his pocket and trying to get some signal for a map.

'You used to be my best friend Richard. What the hell happened?'

'What happened to me? I changed. I grew the Fuck up and so did you. And growing up has made you a dick. An actual dick. I used to like you. No...  I used to love you man. In a bro kind of way.... But I trust you less than Clara does right now' Richard snapped, looking down again, and didn't expect the blow to his face.

He noted John's knuckles beginning to turn white in anger but he didn't expect what followed up,.

Richard lost balance flailing backwards into the water behind him, and thank god it wasn't too deep.

John couldn't help but suppress a smirk as he landed in the water.

'Shit a brick. My phone' Richard spluttered, spitting some water beside him and scrambled to grab his phone. 'Please work. Please for the love of god work' Richard begged looking at the white line across the screen of his phone. 'Yeah you just laugh'

'Oh come on. It was funny' John smirked.

'It wasn't Fucking funny that was my phone. And now I'm covered in mud and soaking wet, in the middle of a fricken forest... With a drenched through phone'

- - -

'You are so paying for all this. This was my favourite polo. Clara bought this for me' Richard snapped, trying to make John feel guilty.

'Don't piss me off and I won't push you in the muddy river' he shrugged walking away.

'Don't walk away from me you coward. My phone is now dripping with water, my clothes are soaking wet, and all because you were so desperate to win? Did you think it would impress Clara? Because news flash your team hated you so much they've left you here by the mud with me' Richard snapped, ringing out his jacket and putting it back on.

It might be wet but it was getting cold out.

'They haven't abandoned me. It's part of the plan' John lied.

'Pft. Of course it is. Your just as naive as I thought you were' Richard scoffed, storming right past him and snatching the compass from his hand.

'We need to go east' John pointed out.

'Like I would listen to a word you say? I mean seriously? Your the guy that just pushed me in the Fucking mud and then laughed about it'

'Grow up dude. It's just mud, you'll clean up' John said rolling his eyes.

'Yeah. I'm sure I will. I'll send you the dry cleaning bill... Oh and the bill for a new phone'

'I ain't paying for a new phone. If you didn't have it in your hand--'

'It was in my hand because you got us lost in the first place. It doesn't matter anyway. We need to head east' Richard cut him off.

'I just said that'

'Shut. Up' Richard snapped storming away.

'So where were you last night? You didn't come back' John accused, as Richard widened his eyes, but continued to walk away.

'Just out. Anyway. I came back late' he lied, hoping to divert the conversation.

'No you didn't. You were at Clara's. I know full well where you were. You don't think I don't see the small things? The kisses to the forehead? You slept with her again last night, after she promised me she wouldn't again. You might as well admit it'

'Does it matter? It's her choice who she chooses to fuck. She's not bound to you. You don't own her'

'As soon as she says yes. She's mine' John growled as if it was obvious.

'Yeah. What is all this proposal shit? It's not even your kid John. You and Clara are both living in Fucking denial. We all know the weeks don't add up. It's not your kid and you know it. So why try to marry her?'

'Says you. Your the once that's trying to get the kid off her'

'Maybe John, I actually do care about her. Foreign concept I know but I do actually love her' Richard mumbled. 'You used to love her, I get that, but really you've put her through so much shit it's no wonder you haven't got any friends'

'Pft. I've got plenty of friends'