Chapter 253 - "Selfish..."

Clara's PoV

It wasn't long before all hell kicked off between me and my Dad.

Only because I refused to open the bedroom door, and he didn't want me greeting anyone to this.

'Clara. So help me if you don't open this door you'll be out on your ear. And that is the last thing you want. Think about this Clara. You are having a baby in 5 months time. You do not want to be a single mother out on the street'

I just leant against the door, sniffling and crying, I wasn't really sure what else to do, so figured I could still be a rebelling teenager even if I am 19 years old and technically going to be a mother in a few short months.

The best part about it all was that I wasn't even sure why I was crying.

I stood up grabbing my phone and pushed the window open.

John did it all the time. Richard does it. I've done it a few times. I mean when I come home I'll have to climb back up if I do this - but what other choice do I have?

I don't want to put up with his shit and if nothing else the house stinks of chicken and will just make me gag when I open the door anyway.

- - -

'You climbed out the window? Have you any idea how dangerous that is in your condition Clara?' Lilly snapped at me for being so stupid.

'Lil. I don't think your quite getting it. Your focusing on the wrong things. I'm not sharing a room with a 15 year old. Not just that - but she's stolen my bed and rearranged everything' I whined.

'Don't you think your being just a tiny bit Selfish right now? Your Dads just doing a good thing. How would you like it if it was you?' Lilly pointed out.

'Are you seriously taking his side?'

'No. I'm just seeing his side of things. Like I say. Sharing could be what you need--'

'Need? You seriously think I'm being selfish?' I huffed dropping on the chair.

'What other choice do you really have? So you don't stay at home... Then what? Move in with me or John... You'd still have to share'

'Or I could go and stay with Richard. He's got a massive house going solo at the moment'

'You and I both know he's staying with John' she said

'Why is that? John still hasn't forgiven him for sleeping with me again. How are they going to live together for two weeks?' I mumbled.

'There's one thing that they do both agree on and that's your health. That's one thing they seem to be pretty civil about' Lilly pointed out.

'You think I should go home?'

'I think you should talk to your Dad. Have you even had a conversation about what's going to happen with you and the baby?'

'Could we please stop verbally referring to it as a baby? I much prefer Toad... Or accident. In fact I think I like Richard junior. It's not what the baby will be called but has kind of just stuck. It sounds so much better'

'You can't keep pretending that this isn't happening Clara, keep burying your head in the sand and pushing people away. It seems like your Dads right. Whether you have that kid still at Christmas or not.... Your going to need somewhere to live' she said. 'So just do what he asks. It could be so much worse. He could have disowned you completely' Lilly pointed out.

She had knocked a little sense into me I guess.

It was still annoying. I've never shared a room before.