Chapter 394 - "Snowed In..."

Clara's PoV

What the hell happened last night then? Come on? I wanna hear?' John snapped rudely.

'You happened. I don't think she ever love me. She's always been in love with you. I'm just second best' Richard snapped standing up suddenly with a rage that I haven't seen in him in a long time.

'Richard that not true. I do love you. I know it sounds horrible and completely cliche to say but I think that in love with you both at the same time and I think that it's been that way for a while' I moaned, placing my head in my hands.

'Seriously? Where the hell is this coming from?'

'Shut up John. I love you. It's just I love Richard as a friend and I can't abandon him. You have to understand that?'

'Oh he doesn't understand' Richard said, lifting his head from the cushion and looking at me with tear stained eyes and cheeks.

It's a good job he's not a woman because he would have an eyeliner and mascara nightmare.

'What do you mean?'

'Quote; "Get the Fuck away from her and from me and her and stay out of the way. Leave Autumn alone or so help me you'll end up like-- well I don't want to say his name'

'Who's name?'

'No comment'

'Felix? We're talking about Felix here? What are we actually talking about?'

'Well maybe he'll pay me and bribe me to leave you alone? How much are you offering?' Richard scoffed looking over at John and making me look over too.

'You what?'

'Yeah. I mean you gave Felix a lump sum? Maybe I could have one too?' Richard scoffed.

'God. I can't go away to America and leave you two fighting - of course maybe it's a good thing. I'll be out of the line of fire when you two decide to kill each other again. It's always the same thing. Over and over again. Why can't you both just get along? You used to be great friends before I started dating John'

'Yeah. Well best friends is not how I feel sometimes' John scoffed.

'Really? In fact wee not going to go there. Just leave me alone' he sighed, closing his eyes and curling up on the sofa.

I didn't really want him to go into a depression again. But what he really needed right now was a friend who can comfort him and help him to feel a little better.

So I tried calling Lilly.

- - -

'I have my own problems to sort out Clara. I get that your stuck in there but it can't be that bad' Lilly scoffed.

'It is. They're at each other's throats lil. I'm afraid by having left them alone in the living room that they have killed each other'

'He just needs a distraction. Something. Anything that will keep him busy' Lilly pointed out.

'And what do you propose?'

'Leave it to me' she said. I was surprised she was talking to me. I thought she hated me for telling her boyfriend that she had been in a relationship with Richard - but for some reason right now she was being nice to me.

After instructing her to pick Autumn up - which she did without argument, she then told me to get Lyndon's laptop and hand it to Richard.

"Lilly has something she wants to show you on this computer. Check your emails' I said handing it to Richard and sat down next to him as John gave me evils. 'Don't look at me like that you idiot. I'm allowed to sit with him' I snapped.

'I'm sure you are' John scoffed making tea.

'Are you trying to get rid of me?' Richard asked as he looked at the available scholarship. 'How do we know I'd even get it?' He asked but he was interested.

'Because you've done the training before and passed. You'll be gladly accepted by the office and you'd start just after Christmas. It's a two months thing, so you would be Aqua while I'm away. And that might get you guys out of each other's hair for a little while and might help yo calm everything and everyone down' I reasoned.

'Maybe' he mumbled.

'It's a shame really. Because I've got you as secret Santa' John scoffed, sitting down on an opposite sofa.

- - -

I won't bore you with all the details. But they got us out of the cabin and I decided to give that one a miss.

The second and the third day I avoided everyone but John and did pretty good at it.

Autumn went to the Crèche those days, and I assumed that Richard followed Lilly around like a puppy those days because me and John went skiing.

'Please don't make me go down there again' I begged, knowing how it ended up the last time.

I didn't want to be saved again. Especially by John when he was being so horrible to Richard.

I didn't even mention his name while we were around each other because I didn't really want to start another argument. But I saw Richard at night - when John went down to the bar with Lilly and Doug, and I let Richard see Autumn.

He was like a step dad to her in a way and it was nice. I liked the idea of her having no the these guys to look after her. Even if they are at each other's throats.

'What are you doing for Christmas?' John asked twiddling his thumbs.

'I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go and spend it with the step witch. Just for a few days. Christmas Eve to Boxing Day and that's the best I'm giving them' I scoffed at the thought of spending that much time with a woman I dislike. But at the end of the day - I would get to see my gran.

'So your free from the 27th then?'

'I guess so'

'Come to mine. Well janes. I'm visiting family and all the boring stuff from the 28th. Come and stay with us'

'Okay, but I don't mean to be horrible and you probably aren't invited - but I'm spending new year with Richard. We're all going to Richards house'

'What?'

'New Years eve. Me, Lilly and Doug, Adrian, crystal and Ashildr. We're staying till January 2nd. It'll be fun'

'I won't be coming' he scoffed.

'That's sweet that you think that... But we both know you'll give in' I smirked, tapping his cheek.