Chapter 370 - "Exams and Girls...?"

Clara's PoV

'What's wrong with you?' John asked as he face planted the bed at 9am the following day.

'Just had too much alcohol' I lied, facing the other way.

I felt really hurt that he had invited girls to the party. I thought that he had promised to be more like the old John? The old John wouldn't have lied, but the old John wouldn't have invited them in the first place... But maybe I was just overthinking it.

I felt him start to run a hand down my leg which just made me flinch away.

'Okay. Now I feel like I've done something wrong. What have I done? Surly it can't be any worse than the last time I was drunk? I've been sober all night. I promise. Just like the way it used to be.

'Nothing's wrong John. God, why does there always have to be something wrong?' I scoffed, getting up and leaving the bedroom quickly.

'I can take her now' I grumbled.

'It's fin--'

'Just give her to me please' I scoffed, not wanting to go too near anyone this morning.

'You can't tip toe around me for ever Clara' John yelled slipping her into my arms.

'I can give it a good damn try' I muttered, going into the bathroom and shutting the door deciding to give her a bath just to pass the time, and give me some time to think.

I was confused.

Hell I was very confused.

About everything when it came to John men and boys and just everything.

I slammed my head against the bathroom door, before wrapping my baby in a bunny rabbit fluffy towel and wandered into my bedroom where John was in there again.

'Can I not have any privacy?' I scoffed at him as he watched me wander around my room and get Autumn dressed.

'Umm. Yeah. I guess. Do you want me to leave?'

'Yes' I mumbled quite rudely but really wanted to be alone. 'Shut the door behind you' I scoffed.

- - -

'Don't look at me Clara. This is not my problem' Lilly scoffed as Douglas cradled Lilly in his lap and Lilly cradled Autumn.

'I'm asking you as a friend for some help Lilly. He invited girls from the year below us to a party? Why would he do that? He promise it was just us this time round?'

'Clara you way overthinking this?'

'No, why did he invite a random group of girls?'

'What guy in their teens doesn't want to be popular? He's popular at our uni Clara and he doesn't even go here?' She scoffed.

'You two are in your teens. What's so different about him than Richard?' I asked looking at Douglas and basically prying into her love life while her boyfriend is in the room.

'Nothing. We've only been together about two month' she muttered turning round to kiss him, and he kissed back hungrily.

'God. Not with Autumn in your arms' I scoffed, making them cut it out. I think the problem might be that I love Richard - but in not in love with him' I said collapsing on to the sofa.

'It's hard to fall in love while your ex is hanging around Clara' Lilly soothed handing Autumn to Douglas and hugged me instead.

'Sorry Doug. You'll get used to my midlife crisis'. Anyway. How did you guys meet? I hardly know anything about you?' I said looking up from Lilly's chest but stayed hugged close for the comfort of my best friend.

'Well. I'm from London I guess. And am quite into to theatre. That's how we met. When Lilly was on the summer course over in Greenwich and dancing in the same show I was performing in. I guess you could say I was hooked by her immediately. When it turned out that we both went to this university it was like it was meant to be' he chuckled, poking Lilly on the arm.

'You met him in the summer and you didn't tell me?' I accused.

'You had slightly higher priorities on your list such as having a baby than worrying about my love life Clara'

'She's very cute' Doug said, and then smiled. 'I sort of know everything but I won't say a word'

'Well that's nice - but I've gotten used to acknowledging it. I have to on a day to day basis whether I like it or not - so there's really no point tip toeing around it. Every time I look at her it reminds me of that day - but if I thought about the details every time I did or what life would be like if it hadn't of happened then I would never get anything done' I said standing up to busy myself with some things in the kitchen. 'So your advice?'

'Clara. I'm not going to tell you what to do, but in the end it will always be you and John. Your too well suited to not' she sighed making me sigh.

- - -

'Knock knock' I said as I pushed the door open.

'I was wondering how long you were going to be standing outside that door before you came in' he laughed, throwing his work to the side and sitting up on the bed. 'What's up?'

'Everything' I scoffed, as he started rummaging through his desk draws and ran towards me.

'Right well, I've taken the time and decided to help... So I booked the parenting class for you. Next week'

'Parenting class?' I scoffed all of a sudden as more memories of last night came flooding back to me. 'Oh no way. I was drunk when I agreed to that. There's no way I'm going to sit in a room full of snobby women. Absolutely never going to happen' I snapped.

'Of course it is, because you and I both know that you'll go, because either I or someone will talk you into it' he smirked, tapping me on the head and shutting the door in my face.

I stood agasp at first and then smirked.

How I had missed our banter.